Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into putting some different mirrors on my custom. Any recommendations on aftermarket mirrors? I don't want cheap plastic ones and I'm looking for black.

·
BOTM Winner, June 2014, Premium Member
365 Posts
I have a '09 900 Custom with billet black blade rear view mirrors.
If interested I can provide more information on cost and where I got them.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've had absolutely terrible luck with after market mirrors on my '05 1600. They've either been too small or too hard to adjust correctly.

·
Registered
47 Posts
agreed with the luck factor. I remember buying some Kuryakyn black scythe mirrors http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/1460/Scythe-Mirror and they sucked imo. too small to see clearly when stationary...and when riding the vibration made them pointless. I know I just ended up rotating the factory mirrors 180 and called it a day. they don't stick out near as far, look decent enough...and are completely usable when riding.

anyway, that is just my two cents in a form vs function stand-point.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the mirrors I have now are cheap plastic housing and vibrated so bad that the glass actually fell off and broke. I'm looking into maybe Arlen Ness die cast mini mirrors.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Have you looked at JP Cycles and Dennis Kirk? Everybody needs to keep those two catalogs on their shelf - they have everything!

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,849 Posts
You need to decide how much your willing to spend and the shop. I saw a lot of mirrors I liked but they were too high. I had a stock one go bad so I had to change them. I got some cheaper ones for now and can always change them later.

Attachments

·
Living The Dream
1,512 Posts
Me personally like Bikemaster mirrors the best. Great quality all the way around. I went with the Old School Visor Mirrors. Here's a link to a thread I did on mirrors a while back with lost of good info and the link to where i got mine. Good luck!

http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104681

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts