Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not that the stock mirrors on my Classic 900 are bad, but I'd like to spiffy it up with some nice-looking mirrors. I'm wondering if there is a brand and style that is particularly popular. I put some Kuryakyn mirrors on my wife's Yamaha VStar 1100 Custom several years ago, but, unlike the stock mirrors, these were practically useless at speed. Images in them were completely blurred. I would like some mirrors that remain clear at all speeds, if possible. Oh, and I'm not interested in skulls, iron crosses, etc.. Just a nice oval or semi-oval shape. Thanks.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I had kyur. I prefer drag specialties. Your best bet google. Or you can try meancycles.com

Sent by Lordz of Fire!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx, guys, I'll check it out. BTW, the ones on EBay look like the same ones I put on the VStar for my wife. I still don't know why they were so blurry.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Thanx, guys, I'll check it out. BTW, the ones on EBay look like the same ones I put on the VStar for my wife. I still don't know why they were so blurry.
Were they metal or chromed plastic? The stock mirrors are heavy and have few points that can vibrate loose when riding. I initially replaced the stockers with a cheap pair that were plastic. I did not know that when I purchased them. I think the light weight allowed them to vibrate and display a blurry image. I replaced those with a sturdier metal set. They have 2 moveable points (stem to mirror and stem to adapter). One mirror is blurry, the other is crystal clear. The clutch side won't tighten completely at the stem-to-adapter point because the adapter is just a bit too long. Actually, it tightens but vibrates loose over time, resulting in a blurred image.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Were they metal or chromed plastic? The stock mirrors are heavy and have few points that can vibrate loose when riding. I initially replaced the stockers with a cheap pair that were plastic. I did not know that when I purchased them. I think the light weight allowed them to vibrate and display a blurry image. I replaced those with a sturdier metal set. They have 2 moveable points (stem to mirror and stem to adapter). One mirror is blurry, the other is crystal clear. The clutch side won't tighten completely at the stem-to-adapter point because the adapter is just a bit too long. Actually, it tightens but vibrates loose over time, resulting in a blurred image.
They were metal mirrors. Could just have been the way they mounted on the bike. I thought they seemed pretty solid at the time, but there was something about them that they were blurry. Actually, they were very clear up to about 50 mph, then they started to blur. Above 55 mph they were useless. Unfortunately.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts