Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about changing out my handlebars on my 08 Custom

Anyone know how tall I can go and still use the stock cables?
Not looking to go to high, just a bit higher

Pics??

Thanks!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I did 12" ape hangers from Biltwell with stock cables on my Classic. It is tight and I wouldn't recommend it necessarily, but they don't hang up at all turning the bars. I am looking to replace them with stainless cables soon though.

The custom has no risers, so you'll need those as well if you upgrade. My classic has 2" risers, I think, so that would be 2+12" for my setup. If you get 2" risers, you should be safe with 10-12" bars - but again, they will be tighter and you may want to route some cables differently to make it work.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did 12" ape hangers from Biltwell with stock cables on my Classic. It is tight and I wouldn't recommend it necessarily, but they don't hang up at all turning the bars. I am looking to replace them with stainless cables soon though.

The custom has no risers, so you'll need those as well if you upgrade. My classic has 2" risers, I think, so that would be 2+12" for my setup. If you get 2" risers, you should be safe with 10-12" bars - but again, they will be tighter and you may want to route some cables differently to make it work.
Thanks for the input
I may try 10" bars and get some factory Classic risers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts