Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you guys rocking an aftermarket exhaust ever thought about protecting those pricey pipes in case of a tip over or crash? Swingarm protectors (or axle sliders) don't appear to offer any protection for a muffler sitting further out to the side of the swingarm on the Vulcan S, and I presume crash bars can't change that.

The best thing I've found is something like this: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/rg-racing-round-exhaust-protector

What d'ya reckon? It's not the perfect solution but I can't think of much else that could help besides exhaust wrap (or a humongous heat shield). Are cruiser newbs supposed to just suck it up when the inevitable happens?

·
Registered
132 Posts
With the muffler sitting so low to the ground , it is bound to get scratched by pebbles, rocks or any grit picked up by the wind.

My bike has done 30 xxxkms and the muffler is coverred in tiny scratches.

Its bound to happen and if anything, it gives it more character.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thumbs up for character but what about a proper scrape? Only a rat bike can pull off a look with that kind of damage, no? The attached pic is small but you get the idea.

Some degree of protection just seemed logical to me given the $$$ involved and how vulnerable the part is to more serious damage. With so many products out there like sliders and tank protectors I was a bit surprised not to find more for cruiser exhausts.. Just me then? :nerd:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
Hmmmm

Thumbs up for character but what about a proper scrape? Only a rat bike can pull off a look with that kind of damage, no? The attached pic is small but you get the idea.

Some degree of protection just seemed logical to me given the $$$ involved and how vulnerable the part is to more serious damage. With so many products out there like sliders and tank protectors I was a bit surprised not to find more for cruiser exhausts.. Just me then? :nerd:
I wasn't that interested until you posted the"scar" photo :devil2::devil2:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wasn't that interested until you posted the"scar" photo :devil2::devil2:
My alarm bells started ringing at the thought of spending close to a grand on a single mod :smile2:

I noticed you once asked about axle sliders in one of your threads and also that you bought an Arrow - was that related to this?

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
Arrow Rebel

Found these on Amazon
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Moto4U-Exhaust-Slider-Protector-Round/dp/B071JJZSCG/ref=asc_df_B071JJZSCG/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=241970175828&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1114353761968364859&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-448149052706&th=1[/ame]

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts