Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at some aftermarket exhausts, I like the look of the Vance & Hines Big Radius 2 into 2. V & H advised me these are not considered street legal. Sorry for the newbie question but what do you do in regards to bike inspections? In PA, you have to inspect yearly. I don't imagine if you're using a fuel pak you just swap your pipes once a year or do you? Or do you find someone that just happens to overlook the exhaust at inspection time?

·
Registered
138 Posts
My dealer tells me the state is starting to get on his case re: aftermarket exhaust. As of now they are passing them, but more and more states (towns) are passing laws to prohibit noise or sub standard emissions.

V

·
0 Posts
I didn't know they had this exhaust available. Very nice! Go for them and on every inspection install the stock exhaust syste and then go back. I think 30 minutes of labor is well worth it. Now if you get pulled over then that's a different story.

·
Registered
273 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
does anyone know where these 2 into 2 pipes (V&H) can be purchased, i checked a couple online sources with no luck. thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks V Twin, wasn't so concerned with the pipes themselves as much as the fuel pak. Never dealt w/this before so I wasn't sure if was just as simple as disconnecting the pak when you switch out the pipes.

snebj25....I'm having the same problem finding them. I emailed V&H sales with make,model, yr and my zip code. Might be worth it to send 'em your info.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i emailed V&H as well to find out when they are available. I spoke with Dennis Kirk and they had there part number however they stated (out of stock), however they had no price which leads me to believe they haven't received them yet. after seeing them i will certainly have to put them on my bike, thanks for looking out for new stuff pivotalrex.

·
Registered
451 Posts
That might be the nicest looking pipe set I've seen. Very cool.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Those are nice looking. I've never really considered much about swapping out the stock pipes. I leave the neighborhood here at a pretty early morning hour each day and I know they all appreciate the relatively quiet sound of the 900, and so do I. But these ones look pretty wickedly cool!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Spoke to V & H. They said to go to www.parts-unlimited.com , go to dealer search and you should be able to order the pipes from any of the dealers that are in your area. Like many other manufacturers, they recommend the fuel pack and an air intake so the bike doesn't run lean although I don't know how important it really is for the Vulcan.

On a side note, I may be able to legally get the bike inspected with them. If PA only has a requirement for a muffler/baffle, then these pipes qualify. I'll find out from the dealer when I call though.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Came across this article from California, I have to think it's just a matter of time till this catches on throught the rest of the country and other states start to crack down on loud bikes. Cut and paste:

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/2/8058/Motorcycle-Article/California-Gov--Signs-Bill-vs--Aftermarket-Pipes.aspx
Is that more to do with California EPA standards than the noise factor, Most new bikes now meet the Euro 3 EPA standards, i know in Calufornia some pipes / ECU's ec arn;t available for shipping to there because of their own State EPA laws.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Last update on this one....

Another rep from V&H sent me an email today saying the Big Radius are still in production and will not be available until mid to late Nov at the earliest.

just a heads up

·
Registered
11 Posts
i just received an email from V&H stating these pipes will not be available until late November as they are still in production.

·
Registered
11 Posts
sorry didn't read the previous post, good thing they will be available around x-mas, maybe my other half will be nice enough and box them away under the tree for me, :)

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
sorry didn't read the previous post, good thing they will be available around x-mas, maybe my other half will be nice enough and box them away under the tree for me, :)
If she doesnt get em, just give yourself a to me ...love me gift. It will be in the right size and color you want.:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts