Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all. New owner of a 2021 Cafe. Waiting for accessories to be installed before I can pick it up. Seat may be fine, maybe not from what I read/heard?

Comments? Suggestions? I'm 5' 11", 185 lbs - 75 yo.

Thanks & ride safe.

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S, 2020 Kawasaki Z900
1,133 Posts
Congratulations on the new bike!! Corbin is highly talked up as well as people having their seat custom done to add the padding that suits the rider. I personally am fine with stock at least for the riding I do but that may be due to the extra padding in my rear that came OEM :p

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congratulations on the new bike!! Corbin is highly talked up as well as people having their seat custom done to add the padding that suits the rider. I personally am fine with stock at least for the riding I do but that may be due to the extra padding in my rear that came OEM :p
Thanks BR, much appreciated. Bike size, weight, agility, forward controls - all are a Godsend with my right leg arthritis. Just NOT ready to stop riding. Have a great day.

·
Registered
2020 Vulcan Voyager
387 Posts
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

I've got a Mustang and am very happy with it.

Reactions: Rmor85

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S, 2020 Kawasaki Z900
1,133 Posts
Glad you refuse to give up on something you love and stay on 2 wheels regardless of the body woes, nobody should be condemned to a boring life in a cage! Best suggestion I can offer is see how the stock seat suits you, maybe if you're lucky a member from the forum with an aftermarket seat is local to you and willing to let you have a seat, no pun intended, on their bike to see how it feels.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Greetings all. New owner of a 2021 Cafe. Waiting for accessories to be installed before I can pick it up. Seat may be fine, maybe not from what I read/heard?

Comments? Suggestions? I'm 5' 11", 185 lbs - 75 yo.

Thanks & ride safe.
I got my 2021 Cafe edition 3 weeks ago. The manufacturer covers the Ergo-fit part of the purchase; ie the dealer fits the bike to you to your liking. I got 3 weeks grace to try different configurations, particularly the seat.I went from stock seat to reduced reach, but found it worse. The dealer held the standard seat and we switched back a week ago. Way better than reduced reach. I am 5'3", 160 lbs, and not much younger than yrself. Make all the changes you need at time of purchase and it costs you nothing. As long as your dealer understands that you need time to try different combos.
Congrats and enjoy !

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BR...if the borrowed seat from another rider works really well...do I have to return it?? :cool:

Whiskey and cotetol...thanks for your comments and support.

I really, really hated having to trade in my WeeStrom. What a WONDERFUL machine, all set up exactly the way I wanted. It's been in the garage for over a year now. It's the mid-controls that I just can no longer do - and why I'm so glad to have found the Cafe. A bit easier for me to handle and I can do the forward controls, no problem at all. SO looking forward ro riding again.

Be well gentlemen and thanks again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

I've got a Mustang and am very happy with it.
Did you look into any local upholstery before getting the mustang? I've done some light searching and didn't see much this side of ATL. I'm in Marietta, work in Kennesaw. I'll look more when I'm more ready to purchase.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Vulcan Voyager
387 Posts
Did you look into any local upholstery before getting the mustang? I've done some light searching and didn't see much this side of ATL. I'm in Marietta, work in Kennesaw. I'll look more when I'm more ready to purchase.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
Welcome to you too!

I did not. I saw a member here from Auburn selling a brand new Mustang for half price and snapped it up.

Reactions: Rmor85

·
Registered
82 Posts
I had my Vulcan S stock seat reupholstered by Mean City Cycles. That is all they do is motorcycle seats, just ship the seat to them and they ship it back. So far I'm happy with the reupholstered seat, much better than the stock seat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts