Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2013 Voyager and thought I would be alright, but after a couple of rides the Stock seat has me sitting to far forward. I'm 6'4" and a combination of my wife sitting behind me and both of us being big people, I am sitting forward to far. Do they make a smaller back pad that would allow my wife to scoot back a bit? Thanks for any suggestions....

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,919 Posts
The Vulcan stock seat sucks. Sucks big ones.

Your much better off getting an aftermarket seat. Your wife will thank you.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
I have a Mustang seat on my Voyager and it puts me back just a bit from the bars. My passengers love the passenger portion of the seat; much more comfortable for them than the stock pillion seat was.

As for the passenger back pad, I believe Bubba had a post a while back saying you can unbolt the pad from the trunk and take out the spacers that are behind the pad and then reattach. This will give the passenger an extra inch or two of room to slide back. There was a little bit of customization work to be done with this (I cannot remember the details) but this appears t be what you are after.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a Mustang seat on my Voyager and it puts me back just a bit from the bars. My passengers love the passenger portion of the seat; much more comfortable for them than the stock pillion seat was.

As for the passenger back pad, I believe Bubba had a post a while back saying you can unbolt the pad from the trunk and take out the spacers that are behind the pad and then reattach. This will give the passenger an extra inch or two of room to slide back. There was a little bit of customization work to be done with this (I cannot remember the details) but this appears t be what you are after.
TY MVA. TYVM. Have you seen or know anyone with the Mustang Day Tripper? I will try and find Bubba's post. If you hear of anything else,, greatly appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Sorry for the late reply Dave T - I do not know of anyone with the Mustang Day Tripper. I had the wide touring seat on my former Suzuki C90 (for 8 of the 9 years I had that) and the same on the Voyager now.

Just do a search form the SEARCH box/field at upper right of each page. May want to search on terms like "voyager backrest" . I'll hunt around and see what I can find too. Hopefully Bubba will see this and know where his post is at

1 - 7 of 7 Posts