Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:)Hi guys

I just got the ok from kawa South Africa that after market pipes will not affect my warranty and believe me mine needs new pipes, so the question is what to buy, I checked a couple of clips on youtube sounds great but could be misleading.

It is difficult to explain in writing, but I would like something to bring out the big v-twin not deafening but anice base, I think D&D sounded nice over youtube.

If you guys could give me a couple of names I could see if its available in S A

Thanks

Charlie

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Cobra Exhaust and Vance & Hindes Performance are two other brands.

·
Registered
636 Posts
vance and hines

I have the vance and hines slipons. They are not to loud going down the road but when you get into the throttle they will talk pretty good. High quality product for sure!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the vance and hines slipons. They are not to loud going down the road but when you get into the throttle they will talk pretty good. High quality product for sure!
I had a listen on those pipes and I must say it does sound good and look good too, thanks will have a look at them.

·
Registered
636 Posts
v and h pipes

I had a listen on those pipes and I must say it does sound good and look good too, thanks will have a look at them.
They have a very deep throaty sound!

·
Registered
196 Posts
After much debate, I'm opting for the V&H Pro Pipe Chrome 2-into-1 pipes. As far as I know, they're the only (big name) full pipes made for the 2010 Nomad. Now I'm wondering if I should leave the stock V&H baffles wrapped or not. Anyway, that's one more option to consider.

·
Registered
125 Posts
After much debate, I'm opting for the V&H Pro Pipe Chrome 2-into-1 pipes. As far as I know, they're the only (big name) full pipes made for the 2010 Nomad. Now I'm wondering if I should leave the stock V&H baffles wrapped or not. Anyway, that's one more option to consider.
I have heard of guys running those tend to scrape them before the boards scrape though. So you should be aware of that.

·
Registered
636 Posts
My slipons scrape before my floorboards also!

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
125 Posts
My slipons scrape before my floorboards also!

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
Really? Did you lower the rear or anything? I also have the V&H slipons but have only scrapped the boards. I've even dropped the bike over and it laid on the crash bars and I still don't think the pipes touched the ground.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I debaffled my stockers and love the sound.

·
Registered
636 Posts
yes really !

Really? Did you lower the rear or anything? I also have the V&H slipons but have only scrapped the boards. I've even dropped the bike over and it laid on the crash bars and I still don't think the pipes touched the ground.
Yes really you want pictures of the scratches on the pipes lol ? No really I havent lowered it it just sits low. I dont know why but it does. Met up with almsy the other day and we both noticed his bike sits alot higher then mine.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes really you want pictures of the scratches on the pipes lol ? No really I havent lowered it it just sits low. I dont know why but it does. Met up with almsy the other day and we both noticed his bike sits alot higher then mine.
How in the world do you scratched the boards you got more guts than I have or does it come later

·
Registered
636 Posts
scraping boards

How in the world do you scratched the boards you got more guts than I have or does it come later
I have always scraped hard parts on every bike I have ever owned. I ride really agressive! Thats prolly why I have to replace tires so often makes my wife really mad lol.

·
Registered
574 Posts
. . . . Met up with almsy the other day and we both noticed his bike sits alot higher then mine.
Wonder if the amount of air in the shocks, or the setting could affect this ?

I debaffled my stockers and love the sound.
I think I would be satisfied with just doing that, but it still leaves the CAT in. And I just don't like the extra heat (and whatever backpressure) the CAT has. I've heard you can remove the CAT on the right side muffler from the forward end. But the left muffler you have to cut the tail pipe (which is part of the muffler) to get at it. And then weld the tail pipe back on.

I imagine I will end up going with slip ons. I am assuming the left slip on comes with the tailpipe extension (?).

·
Registered
636 Posts
tail pipe

Wonder if the amount of air in the shocks, or the setting could affect this ?

I think I would be satisfied with just doing that, but it still leaves the CAT in. And I just don't like the extra heat (and whatever backpressure) the CAT has. I've heard you can remove the CAT on the right side muffler from the forward end. But the left muffler you have to cut the tail pipe (which is part of the muffler) to get at it. And then weld the tail pipe back on.

I imagine I will end up going with slip ons. I am assuming the left slip on comes with the tailpipe extension (?).
Yes the left muffler comes with the tail pipe extention.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Too bad that they don't actually look like that. What you would get look more like the Hard Krome version (same company, basically) with an upswept lower/front pipe. Unfortunately, the Hard Krome site does not even show their 3" Big Straights as being available for the 1700 Classic/Classic LT. You have to go to a distributor such as Cruisercustomizing.com or Phat Performance.

It makes me a little hesitant though, when a manufacturer doesn't show product availability. Another reason for caution regarding both Road Burner and Hard Krome products is the massive number of owners experiencing problems with their 3" Big Straight pipes (heat shields & welds cracking, loose & rattling baffles...).

·
Registered
112 Posts
I can vouch for that! We swapped rides for a bit, and I even commented how new kawi rider's Voyager felt like it sat a little lower than mine. We both run 180/65-16 on rear too, his Commander II, I have a Metzeler ME880.

... and I saw the scrape marks on his mufflers too:eek:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts