Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, here's the deal -- the pipes are indeed free, but of course there's
a catch.

Just yesterday I picked up an '08 900 custom that I bought from a dealer in NC via eBAY; the bike had just 1,167 miles and is in immaculate shape.

The previous owner installed Hard-Krome American Classic Straights ( the
2.5 inch version that retail for $579.95 ); the pipes are described here:
http://www.hardkrome.com/pages/productsDetail.asp?productID=5199&appid=193

The sound is fine, I suppose, if you like pipes that are louder than stock; I do not. I'm an older rider, I live in an older neighborhood, and I have a wife whose opinion of the pipes is, as you might guess, less than enthusiastic.

Very simply, what I want are the stock pipes for my bike; if you have a stock bike with pipes in immaculate shape, let's swap; my only requirement is that YOU PAY THE DEALER TO MAKE THE SWAP.

Obviously, the deal works best if you and I are close geographically; I live in Charleston, SC ( with several dealers to choose from ); if you're interested, let me know.

Thanks! And, by the way, aren't we lucky? The 900 is a great, great bike!

·
BOTM Winner, January 2014
275 Posts
OK, here's the deal -- the pipes are indeed free, but of course there's
a catch.

Just yesterday I picked up an '08 900 custom that I bought from a dealer in NC via eBAY; the bike had just 1,167 miles and is in immaculate shape.

The previous owner installed Hard-Krome American Classic Straights ( the
2.5 inch version that retail for $579.95 ); the pipes are described here:
http://www.hardkrome.com/pages/productsDetail.asp?productID=5199&appid=193

The sound is fine, I suppose, if you like pipes that are louder than stock; I do not. I'm an older rider, I live in an older neighborhood, and I have a wife whose opinion of the pipes is, as you might guess, less than enthusiastic.

Very simply, what I want are the stock pipes for my bike; if you have a stock bike with pipes in immaculate shape, let's swap; my only requirement is that YOU PAY THE DEALER TO MAKE THE SWAP.

Obviously, the deal works best if you and I are close geographically; I live in Charleston, SC ( with several dealers to choose from ); if you're interested, let me know.

Thanks! And, by the way, aren't we lucky? The 900 is a great, great bike!
That is a great deal for someone in the area! I'd be half tempted to take my pipes off and ship them to you; pay for the install and then have those shipped to me...if they were black pipes. :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
How much does your local shop want for the swap? I will be in your area soon. I have been looking for pipes myself. I have a '08 900 custom, with a little less than 3,000 miles on it. A little to tight right now to drop the 600 on new pipes, this deal would be great if the shop price is low enough.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Did you get the price. I will be in your area in 2 weeks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts