Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there:

I have recently purchased a Gear Indicator from IDEA for my Vulcan S. It is a quite little nit device at a very affordable price. It is not difficult to install and it tells at all times in what gear you are in. Of course it has its downs.

I leave two videos for you, the Unboxing and the Installation process.

Nice thing to have.

Cachopolover

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I have the Kawasaki Gear Selector as well and it's Super Bright in all conditions. I ordered it to be added before I picked the bike up. I like it better than the Gear selector that was added as standard equipment in 2017+ Plus mine was Free so that's as cheap as you can get :grin2:

·
Registered
914 Posts
I bought the same IDEA branded gear indicator. Works excellent and is as bright as Hell in red. A great alternative if you don’t want to pay Kawai’s rediculous price for something that should have been included on the bike in the first place (and now is). I’d rather have the newer one integrated into the display however.
I made my own housing and mount to match my DC outlet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello, first time post. Just made an offer on a 2015 Vulcan S, anyone out there have the Kawasaki gear indicator they do not need. Again, first time posting, please let me know if this is not a valid entry.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Greetings... I'm considering the purchase of a 2015 Vulcan S ABS. Wondering how difficult it is to install the gear indicator. TIA.

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
I placed a OEM unit and it was fairly easy.Think the biggest issue I had was figuring out how the electrical connectors realeased.

·
Registered
2015 - Kawasaki Vulcan 650s
25 Posts
i got the IDEA gear indicator its really easy to install just connect to diagnostic port under the left side of the seat behind the cover and just wire it under the tank to the cluster and use the double sided tape, also might want to get an alcohol wipe and clean off were you plan to mount it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts