Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been eyeing the drag bar kit and fender kits on blue collar bobbers but i have had a hard time talking my self into spending $160 on a bar and clamps and several hundred on a rear fender. Anyone found anything more reasonably priced?

They sell 1" drag bars on jpcycles for $30-50 but i have not been able to find the exact 34" with 6.5" pullback like bcb sells and im guessing they figured out that was the perfect fit. Also i dont mind making my own risers but they probably wouldnt look as nice.

Havent found anything for a rear fender yet

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
you get what ya pay for so I wouldn't be cheap.
While this is true most of the time, not always. I've had experiences where inexpensive was better quality than that of the far more expensive counterpart. Our bikes are perfect examples of that compared to some higher priced competition. That being said, outside of modifying something made for another bike to fit, there's not very many direct fit options for rear fenders on the 9. The BCB is one, and I think (if you can still get it) there's the Britt rear fender but only works with the Britt solo seat, and there's one other. Anything else is going to have to be fabricated/modified to work. Then you have to decide if you want steel or fiberglass, and if modification is required, if you have the skills to modify those mediums. The stock fender struts are 10 1/4" between them. Do a google search for 10 1/4" rear fender and see what you can find. If you plan on cutting the struts off, the options are endless if you want to fabricate your own braces/struts.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they are quality and worth the money im sure but I have a welder and don't mine doing a little work, I was just curious if anyone knows where they sell a fender that size, or bars those dimensions, and 1" bar clamps that fit in the holes on the Vulcan triple clamp, besides bcb.

I didn't want to drop $160 on some bars and clamps if I didn't like the position they put the bars in, the pics on the bcb site looks like a pretty big dude on the bike and he looks really bent over the tank. I ordered some "santee" black 1" drag bars for $30 shipped because I can weld together a mount and put the exactly where I want.

I also don't mine doing little work making some simple brackets if I can find a nice fender instead of just paying $300 , I might be able to make less ugly struts or eliminate them all together

1 - 4 of 4 Posts