Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ordered a set of the Aeromach for my 2019 900 Classic Lt. They are 4in tall with 1.5in ofpullback

https://www.aeromachmfg.com/Pullback_RISER_SET_4_Vulcan_Nomad_Drifter_p/am-4275c.htm

What is the concensus on whether the cables will need to be relocated to the front of the triple tree? Will they be stretched at full turn if not relocated?

And if you they need to be, what is the best /easiest method?

Thanks
Don

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'm pretty sure, if I remember correctly, that is the same pull back and rise on mine and I did not need to do anything with the cables.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Taking the rise.

I've got a set of 6" risers with about 1 1/2" pullback on mine and not long ago fitted 'bars with another 3" of height. (2012 900 Classic).
One of the good points of the 900 is that the brake pipes and cables fitted have plenty of length for fitting higher bars.
I think I could have gone up another couple of inches and still had enough length.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses. That's good to hear.

I should get them today according to the postal service, but I won't be back home until tomorrow. (My neighbors watching our mail). I hope to be able to install them then. Gonna seem like a long time until tomorrow..lol

Don

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got the Aeromach risers installed yesterday. Really like them. Also got my Garmin Zumo mount installed onto a Ram mount. Coming from a Spyder I wanted it directly in front of me.

Don

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hmmmmm, I used sockets for risers on mine, only about an inch or two in length, and that small amount on my 900 Classic causes the cables to be stretched to their limit at full turn. In fact, I always leave it turned full right when I park because if I go full left it is putting a lot of strain on the throttle cable. Wondering why mine is so different...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is a bit of tension on the throttle cables at full turn. I can move the cables if I push down on them so there is still plenty of play. I took it for a ride and during a full turn I had no issues. The clutch cable has even less tension at full turn.

Don

1 - 8 of 8 Posts