Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find a good priced mp3 player that I can connect via Bluetooth to a helmet. If anyone has advice on one that is not expensive, please.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
What's your budget, and what do you need in terms of storage? Do you not have a smartphone?

Craigslist is FULL of used electronics. So is eBay. An old Bluetooth compatible iPod or iPhone is always an option.

A new iPod Nano can be had for around $150, which supports Bluetooth. There's also a myriad of chinese, often android powered, knock-off mp3 players with Bluetooth support on eBay.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Not sure if you have an old phone laying around but I use my old phone, Samsung S3, for my MP3 player. I just factory reset it, then moved all of my audio files over. I found out the Bluetooth will still work on airplane mode.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I've just been using whatever phone I currently have for the past couple of years. pop in an SD card, load up the music, and go. This way I can keep the same playlist regardless of if I'm on the bike or in the car.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've just been using whatever phone I currently have for the past couple of years. pop in an SD card, load up the music, and go. This way I can keep the same playlist regardless of if I'm on the bike or in the car.
^^What he said.

No sense in carrying around ANOTHER device. :)

Joel

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I don't know what kind of bike you have, but if it were me I would look at adding a power supply and getting any bluetooth device and just leave it on the bike. Don't have to worry about the battery going down or forgetting it.

I have a cheap iPod shuffle (2gb) that I leave in my bike, but it plugs directly through the factory radio and I use the headset. But the same principal still applies. The battery never goes down and I don't have to worry about forgetting it after I take off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts