Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have this one. [ame]https://www.amazon.com/Soundstream-ST4-10000D-Compact-4-Channel-Amplifier/dp/B00K6ON4EO/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1IKCHFFL91VEH&keywords=soundstream+stealth+amp&qid=1557862135&s=gateway&sprefix=soundstream+stealth+amp%2Caps%2C131&sr=8-3[/ame]

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't heard of this brand -
was thinking of sticking with a big name brand - had a bad experience with hogtunes/metrix amp

you had good luck with this one?

·
Registered
179 Posts
So far it has done well. Soundstream has been around for a long time. A while back this amp started cutting out so I thought it was going bad. I bought a Kenwood to replace it. I found a bad ground connection was causing the cut out but I went ahead and installed the Kenwood. It didn't sound as good as the Soundstream so after a few months I finally got around to swapping them back.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm pleased with the Metrix Audio / Hogtunes kit.

Good and loud on the highway, they've tuned it to push mid range and cut bass, slices right through wind, tire and drivetrain noise.

Their support is awesome. They replaced two amps that fried no questions asked, the third did the trick when they sent a new wiring harness with it.

KVR Power Kit | Metrix Audio

Be warned, their support is great when you deal directly with them. If you buy online, you're on your own dealing with the seller for warranty exchanges. Glad I dealt with them direct.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm pleased with the Metrix Audio / Hogtunes kit.

Good and loud on the highway, they've tuned it to push mid range and cut bass, slices right through wind, tire and drivetrain noise.

Their support is awesome. They replaced two amps that fried no questions asked, the third did the trick when they sent a new wiring harness with it.

KVR Power Kit | Metrix Audio

Be warned, their support is great when you deal directly with them. If you buy online, you're on your own dealing with the seller for warranty exchanges. Glad I dealt with them direct.

interesting that you say that you had 2 fried amps. I had the same experience. first one installed and right side went after about 10 minutes.
they shipped me a replacement one in a couple days and it went after 5 minutes.

i removed all the items and got a full refund. maybe I should have waited for a 3rd one (and new harness). in any event, their customer service was great!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts