Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to find chain and sprockets to replace my worn-out set. Where does everyone order their parts?

I'm looking at purchasing these. Please let me know your thoughts.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha worried about malfunctions and poor chain quality. Probably over thinking it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
D.I.D has a good reputation as far as my research told me so I would go for it. I have D.I.D on my bike for about 7000km (4500miles?) and I had 0 issues with it.
Just checked the link once again and I must say that the Superlight brand I'm not familiar with tho.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Trying to find chain and sprockets to replace my worn-out set. Where does everyone order their parts?

I'm looking at purchasing these. Please let me know your thoughts.

Should be great. Pretty close to what I just put on last week. I did change the rear sprocket from 46T to 43T. smoothed out first and second gear ( they both were almost useless , I went thru them so fast). decreased Highway RPMs and I like the black sprockets.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Should be great. Pretty close to what I just put on last week. I did change the rear sprocket from 46T to 43T. smoothed out first and second gear ( they both were almost useless , I went thru them so fast). decreased Highway RPMs and I like the black sprockets.
I feel the same about 1st and 2nd! Oh man now I'm tempted to go down a few sizes. Did you change your front too?

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
I feel the same about 1st and 2nd! Oh man now I'm tempted to go down a few sizes. Did you change your front too?
No just the rear. World of difference. You have to cut a couple of links out of a 120 link chain. But I had rather do that. If you change the front to a 16 it does the same thing. It works though it's a tighter fit. You will be happy either way.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts