Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning out the PC autotune install on my 2012 Voyager. I am wondering where is the best place to put the O2 bung? A picture would be great. Any other advice from those with a successful install?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Here is where I put mine. Also put it at an angle per their recommendation.

Frank

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is where I put mine. Also put it at an angle per their recommendation.

Frank
That's perfect, Frank, thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
192 Posts
RainDraggon,
I have been running gear dependent mapping as well. I have a fuel table and ignition table for each gear. I tried different maps and ended up starting with a zero map and let the autotune adjust accordingly after several rides. The reason I decided to do that was to lean out the A/F ratio in 5th and 6th gear in the cruising range (5% to 20% throttle position) in hopes of increasing the gas mileage. The autotune will make trim adjustments for each gear table and you can decide to accept them or not.

Frank

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RainDraggon,
I have been running gear dependent mapping as well. I have a fuel table and ignition table for each gear. I tried different maps and ended up starting with a zero map and let the autotune adjust accordingly after several rides. The reason I decided to do that was to lean out the A/F ratio in 5th and 6th gear in the cruising range (5% to 20% throttle position) in hopes of increasing the gas mileage. The autotune will make trim adjustments for each gear table and you can decide to accept them or not.

Frank
Aside from the obvious fun of figuring out how to do it, is the gear dependent mapping working out for you? Were you able to achieve any better fuel economy in cruise?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I had some decel popping issues that I had to resolve. Just getting back to playing with the fuel savings mapping. I leaned the map out just a little as Power Commander recommends not to go over 14.7 to 1. Not close to that yet. Rode this weekend and got to 180 miles and the fuel light hasn't come on yet.

Frank

1 - 7 of 7 Posts