Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you gotta pay for it somehow, but all the Honda ads on the Kawi forum really slow my old computer down. Always the last to download.

·
BOTM Winner, December 2013
1,172 Posts
lifetime premium membership gets rid of the ads........

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
except for these REALLY annoying car ads that open because your cursor went over a word that some algorithm thinks is associated with cars.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
except for these REALLY annoying car ads that open because your cursor went over a word that some algorithm thinks is associated with cars.
In the "User CP" you can turn those off there is a "radio button" in there under the "Edit your Details" link on the left hand side. After you click that, there it is under "IntelliTXT Ads" disable them. That will take care of those links.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
What? That just made my night! Thanks! :)

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
You can also use a plug-in called "Adblock". It stops ALL ads from even showing up. It WILL speed your machine up!

·
Registered
814 Posts
You can also use a plug-in called "Adblock". It stops ALL ads from even showing up. It WILL speed your machine up!
Well I’ll be danged. Ever since joinin this forum I’ve not witnessed one AD, and afraid to publicise it since mebbe the coordinators put me in the wrong, or righter category. Got to feelin guilty so poneyed up for a year. Now I find it’s jus that little ole AdBlock thing. But I think you gotta have FireFox, not for sure though. Thankey HRZ. You & Mr. conscience jus set me free, but not the wallet. But glad to do it want you to know. Mighty fine guns on this forum.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Well I’ll be danged. Ever since joinin this forum I’ve not witnessed one AD, and afraid to publicise it since mebbe the coordinators put me in the wrong, or righter category. Got to feelin guilty so poneyed up for a year. Now I find it’s jus that little ole AdBlock thing. But I think you gotta have FireFox, not for sure though. Thankey HRZ. You & Mr. conscience jus set me free, but not the wallet. But glad to do it want you to know. Mighty fine guns on this forum.
Glad to help! Oh, and you can get it for IE as well! ;)

·
Living The Dream
1,512 Posts
Is there any way that the site administrator can make those ads load after the forum does? They take so long to load, it would really speed things up. I'm sure I am not the only one who would like to see this happen. I know advertising is a big deal but for those of us who paid our dues, I feel it would be something nice to see.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
My guess it would not be good either way. It would be picking the better of two evils. If the forum loaded first, then as you were reading the page would shift around while you were trying to read and get annoyed because of that. I am no web site designer, or software engineer, nor do I pretend to be one. It just something we have to put up with to keep the forum alive, or pay more for membership. Yes I know I say that and I am on using the free membership, flame away if you wish. But the adds don't bother me.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I am no . . . software engineer . . .
I am. And they drive me crazy (I would have used another term, but there's some mod that LIVES to issue me violations for not being boring enough . . . LOL). But, adblock works PERFECTLY.

·
Living The Dream
1,512 Posts
I am. And they drive me crazy (I would have used another term, but there's some mod that LIVES to issue me violations for not being boring enough . . . LOL). But, adblock works PERFECTLY.
So it does, Thanks for the info!:rolleyes:

·
BOTM Winner, December 2013
1,172 Posts
mehh screw adblock.... I don't mind letting the ads pay for this forum.... its gotta be paid for somehow.... but I guess we could all run adblock....cut of the main source of finance for the place and force a shutdown....wait no I want to se this place survive ya ill let the ads run....

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
mehh screw adblock.... I don't mind letting the ads pay for this forum.... its gotta be paid for somehow.... but I guess we could all run adblock....cut of the main source of finance for the place and force a shutdown....wait no I want to se this place survive ya ill let the ads run....
Very proud of you. That was cute.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts