Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone please tell me on what position the rear shock spring preload adjuster should be set on? In the book it says standard setting position for an average-build rider of 150 lb with no passenger and no accessories is No. 4. The scale goes from 1 -7 with 7 as the strongest setting. Does it work out to 37.5 lb for every number on the scale or does it compound with every increased increment? What does everyone else have for a preload setting? Thanks

New Vulcan 900 owner

bearpawh
:confused:

·
Registered
941 Posts
Yeah I have been wondering which way would smooth the ride out. Cuz right now bumps are pretty sharp, with two people totaling bout 300lb. But the other day I gave my wife's friend a ride and she is about 20 lbs heavier and the ride was alot smoother. So if I turned the setting to a higher number (7) would it smooth it out, or would it be better to turn it down to like (3)?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Yeah I have been wondering which way would smooth the ride out. Cuz right now bumps are pretty sharp, with two people totaling bout 300lb. But the other day I gave my wife's friend a ride and she is about 20 lbs heavier and the ride was alot smoother. So if I turned the setting to a higher number (7) would it smooth it out, or would it be better to turn it down to like (3)?
If she is heavier and the ride smoothed out then you should lower the tension for you and your wife.

I raised it for my wife and I thinking it would be nicer for my wife and in turn it made the ride more harsh. I have yet to back it down. I did notice for me alone just going up on click the ride was very firm and I didn't like it at 1st but I have gotten used to it. Still need to drop it down 1 - 2 clicks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts