Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any tips on adjusting this thing a little more upright? I have it at the limit of its adjustment now. I got it with a 7" shield, and I probably should have gotten the 9". But I think if I can get it just a little more upright it'll be perfect (I like it a lot now, and could actually live with it the way it is). I like looking over the top of the shield. This one is about even with my mouth, and just a little of the wind gets me in the eyes. It's not uncomfortable, but if I ride w/o a helmet (no lectures, please) it feels like it wants to blow my glasses forward.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Any tips on adjusting this thing a little more upright? I have it at the limit of its adjustment now. I got it with a 7" shield, and I probably should have gotten the 9". But I think if I can get it just a little more upright it'll be perfect (I like it a lot now, and could actually live with it the way it is). I like looking over the top of the shield. This one is about even with my mouth, and just a little of the wind gets me in the eyes. It's not uncomfortable, but if I ride w/o a helmet (no lectures, please) it feels like it wants to blow my glasses forward.

Thanks for any help.
old thread, but didn't see a response. i have adjusted mine every which way you can think of. right now i have it tilted almost all the way back to that it looks right with the headlight. i just did it and have gotten to ride with it yet. i am hoping the wind gets over my head enough, but we will see. I had it straight up before, and it road great, i could see over the shield or through it depending how i sat. i am 6ft with a 9" solar shield. i hope it works leaning all the way back, it really looks good.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I switched to the 9" shield. Highly recommended. It's not only taller, but it angles up quite a bit. The 7" shield just comes straight up at the same angle as the top of the fairing. Problem solved.

I still have it set as upright as it'll go, and you're right-it looks a little funny with the headlight. Kinda comes down over the front of it a little. I only put it on for long trips though, so I'm not too worried about that (LOVE the quick release).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts