Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem that I need to solve. I purchased a 2007 Vulcan 900 for my wife and she has a problem with the span for the clutch lever. It seems her hand is too small and when she gets to the sweetspot where the clutch is about to engage the lever is at her fingertips. I tried to have her reposition her grip which does not help. Any suggestions? Are there adjustable clutch levers I can get? As we all know "IF MOMA AINT HAPPY THEN NO ONES HAPPY".

thanks

·
Registered
696 Posts
To a certain degree, you can adjust the cable length with the locking screw at the lever and at another locking screw/nut spot down on the frame in front of the radiator and, IIRC, again right where it attaches at the bottom. You can get about half an inch or so of slop, by lengthening the interior wire of the clutch cable that way, which in turn, allows the clutch lever to come closer to the grip before actuation. It's been a while since I made that adjustment, so I'm not sure which way to adjust them. At the grip lever, loosen the locking wheel and I think you adjust the screw in and the same for the other spots. I'd suggest trying that before buying anything.

If that doesn't work for you, there are alternative levers available from various vendors which will alter the span slightly. I don't know any to recommend, sorry.

Lastly, you might be able to heat and bend the lever a bit.

good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts