Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my oil changed an I took my bike out on a long ride up in the mountains last weekend. So is it possible that I need to add some oil in my bike I rode it to work yesterday an I have a ticking sound coming my engine. I'm not that experienced in motorcycles so I'm learning help if you can I have a 1700 Vulcan classic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Checking the oil on these 1700s is a process, it must be followed to get a correct reading. Let bike warm up til fan comes on. Shut off and let set about 5 minutes. remove dipstick and wipe clean. With bike upright and level, not on kickstand, screw stick in all the way and remove again. Check the level on the stick. It should be about the middle of the full range on the stick.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I filled & checked my oil per Kaw instructions, let it cool, then marked my dipstick for the cold, full level on the kickstand. Also marked it for full hot. Let's me quick check on the go. These bikes gotta warm up 1 to 4 minutes to sump oil, even if turned off fir a few minutes. Never start cold & take off. Look at the manual. I didn't believe it till I noticed distinct poor performance, ticking & bad mileage without warmup.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I came out yesterday an found that the my bike is leaking oil some how so I'm taking it to the shop to see if they can fix that thanks all for you help

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Well I came out yesterday an found that the my bike is leaking oil some how so I'm taking it to the shop to see if they can fix that thanks all for you help

Sorry bout the oil leak,sucs,was it leaking before oil change??keep us informed:serious:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
maybe the leaking oil is from too much oil in your bike and the excess is overflowing

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No it wasn't leaking before it was no leaks before I took it in so they have the bike now checking everything they also had changed my second gear out when the did the first time that's why I knew it was enough oil in there cause they just open up the bike so I'm waiting to pick it up this week hopefully

·
Registered
127 Posts
why did they change 2nd gear?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ha a long story but to sum it up it was dropping out during acceleration so when the opened my trans they found my second gear dogged out plus a shift for had gotten groves so that's why they had to open my motor because the trans if at the bottom of it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts