Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new 900 classic SE. as I'm too twitchy to leave well enough alone with stock, I want to upgrade a few things. High on the priority list are heated grips and a 12V USB port to charge GPS/Cell phone on the road. I'm also considering adding some kind of a dash cam system but that's maybe a little farther out.

Anyone made a number of electrical upgrades to their bike? what's the limitations on how much draw you can place on the system before stator/charging issues are a risk?

·
Registered
14 Posts
i have added 12v twin usb port and spotlights,all my accesories are triggerd through relays,ignition side,i think you will have plenty of ample power to use the things you are thinking of adding,i use a relay/distribution block system
so as nothing i add will draw power unless i turn the ignition on.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Heated grips and USB should be no problem on the electrical load. If you do what trevorcee did, and use an aux fuse block connected to an ignition relay, you could probably go as high as 15a if its connected to the battery.

If this is your first time installing a setup like that, I highly recommend Eastern Beaver. They make pre-wired harnesses and sell accompanying fuse blocks. Good Luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts