Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am dding the the KTP amp to the Vaquero sound system along with Polk DB521s, while adding aux lights and the power outlet. So any opinions on wiring the power for the amp? Whether or not to run main power back to the battery or use an accessory connector in the fairing? If connecting in the fairing, what connector and where?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Run the main power for the amp to the battery. Positive and negative with the proper size fuse for the amp. This is the correct way to wire the power source for the amp.

·
Registered
851 Posts
This is the same amp that I wanna install but I have just one probably a stupid question. If you run the positive from the amp directly to the battery wouldn't cause a constant power source to the amp and run your battery down when the bike sitting.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The amp uses the speaker level inputs as an auto-sensing remote power function so the amp is only on when the stereo is on.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Run the main power for the amp to the battery. Positive and negative with the proper size fuse for the amp. This is the correct way to wire the power source for the amp.
Thats what I thought too, guess I just needed to hear it and stop being lazy.

·
Registered
851 Posts
The amp uses the speaker level inputs as an auto-sensing remote power function so the amp is only on when the stereo is on.
Okay that make sense, thanks for the info!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Thats what I thought too, guess I just needed to hear it and stop being lazy.
Also one more important thing is to run the proper size wire to the battery. Follow what the mfg of the amp says to use.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also one more important thing is to run the proper size wire to the battery. Follow what the mfg of the amp says to use.
I couldn't find a recommendation anywhere from Alpine but the Rockford amp recommends 10ga. That is what I used and the 30 amp inline fuse holder was 10 ga as well. The amp power wire appears to be 16ga but it works.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts