Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got tired of plugging and unplugging my USB every time I went on a ride. So here is what I did.
I went on line and found a electrical schematic for my 2007 1600 Nomad.
I needed a circuit that was only hot when the engine was running.
I traced out the head light circuit. I followed it back to the junction box located behind the cover panel by my right thigh.
Turns out to be the blue wire with the yellow stripe.
Using my volt meter I verified that it it was the right wire. I checked continuity between the headlight fuse and the b/y wire. And then checked for voltage with the key off and then key on and engine running. I needed to make sure that when the ignition was off there was no voltage to that wire, but when the ignition is on and the engine running it is on.
I used a splicing connector to connect the positive wire from the USB to the B/Y wire. Then connected the other wire to the frame under the seat.

I hope this helps someone else. I looked and haven't found this kind of help anywhere.

·
Registered
104 Posts
So I got tired of plugging and unplugging my USB every time I went on a ride. So here is what I did.
I went on line and found a electrical schematic for my 2007 1600 Nomad.
I needed a circuit that was only hot when the engine was running.
I traced out the head light circuit. I followed it back to the junction box located behind the cover panel by my right thigh.
Turns out to be the blue wire with the yellow stripe.
Using my volt meter I verified that it it was the right wire. I checked continuity between the headlight fuse and the b/y wire. And then checked for voltage with the key off and then key on and engine running. I needed to make sure that when the ignition was off there was no voltage to that wire, but when the ignition is on and the engine running it is on.
I used a splicing connector to connect the positive wire from the USB to the B/Y wire. Then connected the other wire to the frame under the seat.

I hope this helps someone else. I looked and haven't found this kind of help anywhere.
I also put a USB/CIGGS. LIGHTER SOCKET,I RAN A POSITIVE STRIGHT FROM BATTERY W/IN LINE FUSE AND NEG. FROM FRAME BOLT THEN MOUNTED IT ON BARS,NOW I CAN PLUG IN USB CABLE TO PHONE AND PUT PHONE IN TANK BIB POCKET..INSTALLED A TACH. LAST WEEK, I HAD TO GO INSIDE HEADLIGHT BUCKET TO FIND A SWITCHED HOT WIRE AND IF I HAD TO DO IT OVER, I WOULD HAVE FISHED MY WIRES UNDER TANK & RUN WIRES FROM BATTERY POS.AND FRAME GND.6 OF 1, HALF DOZEN OF OTHER

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts