Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wife wanted a sissy bar and i was reluctant to do it cuz im not a fan of the custom with a sissy. I liked the shape of this one it tapers up right from the bracket and forms a nice triangle shape that i think compliments the custom. Just finished the install so i dont have any input as to how the wife likes it yet, but i figured id post some pics....please give opions good or bad. ill try to get some better pics tommorow it was getting dark and its still full of finger prints.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks taz. she sat on it and likes it so far, but then she hated riding with no sissy bar so anything is an improvment. Guess we will give it the real test tommorrow.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think it works well with the custom, great look. One question for ya, where did you get your side mount plate holder? Thanks

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
thanks taz. she sat on it and likes it so far, but then she hated riding with no sissy bar so anything is an improvment. Guess we will give it the real test tommorrow.
I hear ya........I used 2 have a lady friend who was terrified on the bike and it took all the fun out of it when she was on......So i can relate.....Gotta keep the woman happy if u plan on enjoying.......LOL..........:D

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
To be honest, I like it as much as I like my Cobra standard... ;) The Custom looks better without it, but she still looks durn good with it too. You'll be shocked every time you look at the bike for about 3 weeks, until you get accustomed to the look, then things will settle out and you won't notice as much.

As for the wife, compared to riding without a sissy bar, she's gonna LOVE it!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it works well with the custom, great look. One question for ya, where did you get your side mount plate holder? Thanks
the plate holder is from kuryakyn and was purchased from dennis kirk. need to buy the plate holder and the frame mount for the size frame you have, i cant recall for sure but i think the 900 has a 1 inch frame... i can t remember.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To be honest, I like it as much as I like my Cobra standard... ;) The Custom looks better without it, but she still looks durn good with it too. You'll be shocked every time you look at the bike for about 3 weeks, until you get accustomed to the look, then things will settle out and you won't notice as much.

As for the wife, compared to riding without a sissy bar, she's gonna LOVE it!
yeah i looked at the cobras, i really like the look of the mini, however it seems useless as a backrest being so short, i was thinking of doing the quick release, but the one from national cycle is dog ugly, imo, and the jardine doesnt lock and seems to me would be easy to steal. i really like the kuryakyn raptor,and transformer, but they dont make brackets for the 900.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts