Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an ATV lift which should work with the 900 if I modify the supports to fit the frame and avoid the engine block which protrudes below the frame. Has anyone done such a thing & if so how did you do it? I'm thinking of welding onto the lift rectangular galv steel sections that match the frame but miss the engine. It's a bit hard to tell what dimensions I need though without trial & error.
Also should the front support be in front of the oil drain plug or behind?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have an actual motorcycle jack that I was going to use for the winter to keep my tires off the ground but I was told that I won't be able to use it because it just has a flat base and the engine sits below the frame. That sucks!

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
I have an actual motorcycle jack that I was going to use for the winter to keep my tires off the ground but I was told that I won't be able to use it because it just has a flat base and the engine sits below the frame. That sucks!
If it's just for winter storage why not just use blocks? A couple stacked up 2x4's will hold it just fine.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
I have the Motorcycle/ATV lift from HF and just use a couple of 1" blocks (1"h x 2"w x 3"L scrap) on the front so the frame rests on the lift, not the engine. No issue with the back part of the frame.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the Motorcycle/ATV lift from HF and just use a couple of 1" blocks (1"h x 2"w x 3"L scrap) on the front so the frame rests on the lift, not the engine. No issue with the back part of the frame.
Where do you position the front bar of the lift. In front or behind the oil drain plug?

·
Registered
574 Posts
I had a bike like that once and I used plywood blocks with scrap vinyl strips to prevent slippage. I put the plywood inline with the frame but away from the bottom of the engine. It worked, but it will depend on how close you engine comes to the frame.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Hockey pucks (4) work nicely. Most sporting goods stores carry them...unless you're in the deep South LOL. Faulty99, you would probably have to go south to fine them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts