Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than riding, what other activities do you enjoy? Hobbies do count! Post some pictures,

I fly gliders, love to camp (I have a small camper), fish, and kayak.

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
Other than riding, what other activities do you enjoy? Hobbies do count! Post some pictures,

I fly gliders, love to camp (I have a small camper), fish, and kayak.

Dude! Someone stole your engine!! :eek: ;) Looks like a real exciting hobby. Can any plane pull you up or is it some kind of special plane that must do it?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Dude! Someone stole your engine!! :eek: ;) Looks like a real exciting hobby. Can any plane pull you up or is it some kind of special plane that must do it?
LOL!!! It is great fun, kinda like sailing in the sky. The planes used to tow the gliders have to be modified with a hook for the tow rope and a release mechanism. The planes we use are Cessna 150's with bigger engines and short take-off modifications. In a glider you only get one chance to make a good landing - no throttle/engine for a go around!

Here is a link to some flying videos I put on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bogie2680&search_type=&aq=f

·
Registered
105 Posts
Other than riding, I fly and build R/C aircraft including pulling up a 2 meter glider with my Cessna 182 Skylane (both are models from piles of wood). I also bowl one night a week in a Summer league and two nights a week in a Winter league.

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
Off-Road Adventures

Well, I don't have cool pics, at least not yet, but aside from riding I enjoy treks off-road in my Jeep Wrangler - especially out in the desert, and I love hanging out with my dog and cockatoos.

There is something very powerful being out in the wilderness in the middle of nowhere...

Enjoy yourself!:)

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I've taken a HUGE interest in the Scottish Heavy Athletics lately, which is really just an excuse to hang around a bunch of burly men in kilts and throw heavy stuff around for fun. ;) I just started a little over a year ago, and have already advanced from the Men's amateur C class up to the amateur B class, which scares me a little as the boys are a bit bigger, and the cabers are a bit heavier. Here's a couple of pics with me launching the heavy weight for distance and the heavy hammer ...

and I'm also an avid disc golfer. No action pics here, but something in general, LOL ...

·
Registered
270 Posts
My hobby is...whatever my wife tells me to do. LOL, I still don't listen and guess I never will. maybe that's why I stay in the doghouse? Maybe that's why I got a bike? No really, Hunting, fishing, camping, coaching my kids in sports & being "DAD". And messing with my wife. Sorry no pics she threw the camera at me:eek:

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a few ventures I like to partake in.

I play keyboards in a couple bands:

I lift heavy weights:

I do protection training with my dog:

·
Registered
719 Posts
The problem with hobbies is money and time. As previously noted I still have a boat, but I sold my dragster mainly due to time. Racing takes a full day, plus tune time, and about $200/day. Engines run 12-14k, plus electronics, plus the cost of racing alcohol, $800/yr for slicks...unless racing more that 125 runs/yr. I should have married rich:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts