Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Any ideas how and where to mount an Action Camera on my 2017 Vulcan Voyager? TYIA
I've tried pretty much every possible spot on my Voyager but can't seem to solve the vibration problem in video. I'm pretty picky about having steady, level video and the only way I've managed that is with a chest harness from GoPro. I have mounted a GoPro and Drift Ghost S camera to it and it takes great video with no vibration as your body acts as a damper. You also get a great perspective with that mount. If you'd like to see a sample video just shoot me a PM and I'll link you to a Youtube video I made.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I mount mine to my helmet. Works good and no vibrations.:grin2:
I do like some of the helmet mounted video's I see. It's a personal preference I guess but I just find it hard to watch a video that's moving left and right or up and down depending on where you are looking. If you get a wide enough angle it's not quite so bad tho. It's all in what kind of video you want to shoot I guess, plus some trial and error. Good luck with whatever you decide on.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
I've had my Vivitar on both mirror mounts with mostly good results with 1 major exception. I had it on 1 day going to Chattanooga, Tn from Dalton, Ga., and it viberated so bad, I just deleted the videos. I have had the best luck mounting it to the turn signal bar right next to the head light.

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
I have had the best luck mounting it to the turn signal bar right next to the head light.
This is where I attach mine, as well...throttle side..

Just got the camera...kinda cool to watch trips I've taken...especially on rainy days :good:

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've had my Vivitar on both mirror mounts with mostly good results with 1 major exception. I had it on 1 day going to Chattanooga, Tn from Dalton, Ga., and it viberated so bad, I just deleted the videos. I have had the best luck mounting it to the turn signal bar right next to the head light.
This is where I attach mine, as well...throttle side..

Just got the camera...kinda cool to watch trips I've taken...especially on rainy days :good:

What did you guys use to mount your cameras to the turn signal bar? The mounting hardware that came with your camera or did you have to buy something to make that work?

I have a little cheap camera that I have mounted to my crash bar throttle side and it's not that bad but still has some considerable camera shake at certain RPMs. Tried to mount it to the side of one of my saddle bags but that turned out to be even worse for camera shake. Some of this could be due to the camera being a cheap one.

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Several mounting styles came with mine, a strap that can be used on my arm, a helmet mount and a u-bolt type clamp, this is the only one I've used so far.

·
END OF YEAR BIKE 2018 Winner
862 Posts
This is the mount I use:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010AAC9Q2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's a good looking mount that attaches really secure. I rarely leave them on the bike after video rides, but if I do I love the fact that they look good! I have two of them. I mount in different positions on the handlebar and the light bar depending on the shot I am after.

As for vibration; The more expensive cameras will take out shakiness and vibration. Just expect to pay for it tho'.

A chest mount does provide a great perspective as well as dampening vibration.

In certain shots a helmet cam works nicely, but overall I don't like it for a 'complete' shoot. However, I am currently working on a video overlay that makes the helmet cam appear to have been shot from inside the helmet looking out tied in with voice/intercom. :grin2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts