Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pretty picky about tire air pressure on my bikes and also rear-shock pressure. That said, what Tire Pressure gauge do you use for your bikes for those purposes? brand etc. I had an older USA made accu-gauge that has suddenly disappeared, that I need to replace and am looking for suggestions. I also am curious about your favorite air-chucks?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I tend to use a circular pressure gauge made by a company named "slime".
I have no idea as to its accuracy but I think its consistent anyway. Have you ever gone to an auto parts store and right there close to the register is a box of miscellaneous things they sell that you might need? I found this one there.
It has the virtue of being small and easy to read, use, and store.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I had the same thing happen......up and vanished!

I currently use a basic Slime pressure gauge. I have yet to look but I would like to pick another USA made accu-gauge up at some point.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I tend to use a circular pressure gauge made by a company named "slime".
I have no idea as to its accuracy but I think its consistent anyway. Have you ever gone to an auto parts store and right there close to the register is a box of miscellaneous things they sell that you might need? I found this one there.
It has the virtue of being small and easy to read, use, and store.
My Slime gauge also has a pressure relief button on the stem. Comes in handy and I am sure to clear it between every gauge I make because it seems to hold some pressure.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the same thing happen......up and vanished!

I currently use a basic Slime pressure gauge. I have yet to look but I would like to pick another USA made accu-gauge up at some point.
Yep. Apparently a good quality USA made tire gauge is a hot commodity :wink2: That gauge was accrate also. I am hoping to find another good gauge.

·
Registered
132 Posts

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
You must use a "zero loss" pump/gauge on the shocks such as the following:

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Progressive-Suspension-GP3-60-0-60-Gauge/dp/B000WJEORY[/ame]

Bicycle shops sometimes carry them cheaper.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have always used Accu-gauge, currently have their digital angle gauge. Reads 1/2 pound increments.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts