Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just trying to figure out how to use the emergency flashers on my 2012 nomad. I stopped in the middle of a country road(very very little traffic) to save a wounded bird in the street. Put emergency flashers on with bike running, all was good. I then shut off bike and tried to use flashers, nothing happened, so I assumed switching to accessory switch would put flashers on with bike not running. All of a sudden every light on the instrument panel was flashing, the speedometer needle was moving back and forth, cooling fan was turning on and off. Once I shut off the flashers everything was off again on accessory. I ended up just starting the bike again and leaving it run with flashers on until I moved the bird off the road. Weird question, but any ideas? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
With the bike off and the flashers off, try turning the key to ACC, then turn the flashers on. You may have triggered a diagnostic mode???

·
Registered
315 Posts
I just went and checked on my 2014 Nomad. The flashers work in both the Accessory and On positions, not Off. In the Accessory and On positions only the directional lights on the instrument panel flash. No other lights are on in Accessory. I also turned my flashers on in the Off position then turned to Accessory and the flashers worked fine. Not sure what happened in your case.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still not sure what is going on, I tried turning accessory switch on then flashers, and also tried flashers on first then put on accessory position, same thing. All lights flash, speedometer needle goes up and down. Weird. Its not like I need to use it everyday but I would like to know that it works when I would need to use it.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I just went through the shop manual from top to bottom and couldn't find anything even vaguely related to what you're describing. My only suggestion would be access inside the hazard switch, check the internal wiring and give it a good cleaning. Honestly, I don't have a clue but maybe someone else will chime in. If you figure it out, let us know. It might happen to me next!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts