Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just tryin to see who has them, where they have them, and where they put the switches to trn them on and off. I just did some today but it started raining so no pics. I put my switch on top of the right cover, it gets covered by my leg while riding. Anyways, post up pics!

·
Registered
711 Posts
I have the OEM and I hocked them up to the power source there by the head light. Mine come with a switch on the left light to turn them on or off. Mine came with a little relay. Everyone loves the way they look and they make a huge difference in the dark.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thats my setup. I want to add more under the rear fender. I have it wired stright to the battery so I can turn it on/off at will with no need to put the key in. The only thing is, when I put the key in and turn it the headlight won't come on. Not until I turn the bike on. The lights only draw 20amp so I keep my headlight on low. It is on its own circuit (besides the battery of course)

Sorry for the crap pics but I only had my MyTouch for a camera.

·
Registered
84 Posts
the headlight isn't supposed to come on until you start the engine.

another thing you can do is go to Radio shack and get a much smaller switch for just a few bucks and actually put it inside that side cover, all you have to do is drill a small hole in it for the switch to poke through the front side closest to the engine. once i get mine back from the shop i'll take a picture of my side cover that has my switch and a button for my garage door opener.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wow! Nice bulldog. Couple ?'s. Where did you get them? Brand? And about what price? Also do they come in different colors?are they led for a low power draw? Thanks.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Wow! Nice bulldog. Couple ?'s. Where did you get them? Brand? And about what price? Also do they come in different colors?are they led for a low power draw? Thanks.
I had the option to buy in other colors but I only wanted blue. They are all LED and I've left it on over night without a problem! That was a welcome discovery.

I live in Indiana and I built the kit myself. from a guy who sells the kits. He didnt have what I wanted so he let me pick and choose and sold me everything to do the work for about $200

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Also, take a look at ledglow.com

I've heard good reviews of those lights for the price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts