Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, so about two weeks ago, I started having issues with my 2007 Vulcan 500. When I give it throttle, it revs up but has a delay in acceleration, and when it DOES accelerate, it's as if it has half the power it should. At higher speeds it handles a little better but it's still sluggish. I'm not sure if it is a coincidence or not, but I lent my bike to a friend of mine who is significantly heavier than I am and he usually rides an 1100cc. He told me he rode it around and went hard on the throttle. It was when I picked my bike back up that I noticed the issue with acceleration so not sure if my heavier friend riding it has something to do with the issue. A similar thing happened last year but it turned out to be a clogged air intake and that was solved by just revving it at about 3000rpm for 5 minutes. Didn't work this time tho. I also cleaned the air filter this time and still nothing. It does have a weird metalic sound from the engine at idle that goes away when I rev (or I just can't hear it) it's a similar sound to tapping your gas tank with some change. Any ideas what it could be? I'm thinking the clutch is messed up but I just want to make sure before I spend money and replace the whole clutch.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Metalic sound is the dreaded broken in exhaust tube.
Search the forum and you'll find info on this.
If it is the clutch, a heavier rider would make it work harder and could make it worse, if it is the clutch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hadn't heard that noise until after it started having issues. The stick mufflers tho, when I take them off and shake them there's DEFINATLY stuff in there but I don't think that's what I'm hearing. The sound seems to be coming from inside the engine somewhere. That's why I'm thinking clutch. I guess I'll take apart the clutch this weekend and worst case it's fine so I'll put it back together. If it's broken I have another one I can install and see if that was the problem

1 - 3 of 3 Posts