Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble finding the Acc connectors. My owners manual indicates 2 locations under seat and under tank, manual shows location where the seat meets up with the tank.

I took my manual to a Kawi dealer, the service advisor and I went to a new VN900 they had on the showroom floor, removed the seat and he couldn't find them. suggested Kawi had discontinued installing them and did not update the manual. I find that hard to believe.

I want to use this connection for a battery trickle charger if I can find them!

· Registered
155 Posts
I looked at my 2011 VN 900, and there it was, like the manual shows it! But I went to the local NAPA store and bought a 2-wire SAE connector with an in-line fuse, and connected it to the battery hot and ground cables. Then I cut off the alligator clips from my battery tender, and connected these these to the other end of the SAE connector. Just be sure that the hot lead from the battery is the one that is fully enclosed by the rubber insulator, and always put the cap on it when not using it. Worked out so well that I set up both motorcycles, the lawnmower, and the rototiller the same way. For me, it's the only way to go... convenient, quick, and reliable.

Grandpa

· Registered
66 Posts
Just checked my 2014 900 lt and this is where to find acc.leads . Remove battery cover you will find acc. leads just forward of battery. One is black/yellow other is white /blue. The have very large female spade connectors attached . You should also find a similar setup in the headlight bowl. I think that these are hot all of the time. Same place as my 2011 lt as well.If you need a switched source see sticky on 900 forum lead page.Hope this helps.

· Registered
133 Posts
I looked at my 2011 VN 900, and there it was, like the manual shows it! But I went to the local NAPA store and bought a 2-wire SAE connector with an in-line fuse, and connected it to the battery hot and ground cables. Then I cut off the alligator clips from my battery tender, and connected these these to the other end of the SAE connector. Just be sure that the hot lead from the battery is the one that is fully enclosed by the rubber insulator, and always put the cap on it when not using it. Worked out so well that I set up both motorcycles, the lawnmower, and the rototiller the same way. For me, it's the only way to go... convenient, quick, and reliable.

Grandpa
Ditto....works great

· Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Grandpa
Thanks folks, I found them under the plastic cover just as you said.

Grandpa, manual says this is a 10A fused circuit any reason to add the other inline fuse other than just providing a second level of protection?

· Registered
409 Posts
Just checked my 2014 900 lt and this is where to find acc.leads . Remove battery cover you will find acc. leads just forward of battery. One is black/yellow other is white /blue. The have very large female spade connectors attached . You should also find a similar setup in the headlight bowl. I think that these are hot all of the time. Same place as my 2011 lt as well.If you need a switched source see sticky on 900 forum lead page.Hope this helps.
Actually on my '12 these are not very large female spades, they are actually double 4mm female bullets (e.g. so you can connect two males)...http://www.cycleterminal.com/wpimages/3.9mm-bullet-double-female.jpg

· Registered
155 Posts
Thanks folks, I found them under the plastic cover just as you said.

Grandpa, manual says this is a 10A fused circuit any reason to add the other inline fuse other than just providing a second level of protection?
There is no fuse between the battery cables and the battery. I should have made it clear that the charger cables are connected directly to the battery cables, thus no fuse unless I put one there.

Grandpa

· Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is no fuse between the battery cables and the battery. I should have made it clear that the charger cables are connected directly to the battery cables, thus no fuse unless I put one there.

Grandpa
Grandpa,

Thanks for the clarification, sounds like you are not using the Acc connectors but have run a new fused line directly to the battery. That got me thinking I have a fused line running from my power port directly to the battery. I found an old 12V cig lighter cable with plug and simply cut off the gator clips from my trickle charger and hardwired the 12V gig lighter plug to the charger. I can put it on trickle charge without having to remove the seat, just plug the charger into the power port.

Now that I found the Acc ports I can use them for some future project. Cold in Atlanta today maybe time for some electric heated gloves!!!

· Registered
155 Posts
Grandpa,

Thanks for the clarification, sounds like you are not using the Acc connectors but have run a new fused line directly to the battery. That got me thinking I have a fused line running from my power port directly to the battery. I found an old 12V cig lighter cable with plug and simply cut off the gator clips from my trickle charger and hardwired the 12V gig lighter plug to the charger. I can put it on trickle charge without having to remove the seat, just plug the charger into the power port.

Now that I found the Acc ports I can use them for some future project. Cold in Atlanta today maybe time for some electric heated gloves!!!
You got it, but I should have made it clearer. For anything that could draw a lot of current, I always get as close to the battery as possible, than add a fuse.

Grandpa

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.