Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here we go... got the bike 2 weeks ago and making my first trip back to the dealer. ABS light comes on after a bit or riding.. anyway I am sure they will fix that
My real question here is does anyone have an aftermarket windshield (Clearview etc...) with mini apes. I bought the bike with the mini apes and they are looking awesome I really want to keep them but they would interfere with any taller windshield. The guy from clearview said they've got that complaint and are working on a new design possibly. In my case though I have some fairly short arms (T-rex could be my nickname:crying2: lol)and I find the bars to be a little to far forward so will probably have them rolled back some. Would that effect the handling? Anyway just looking for suggestions or past experience because I really have none here.

I rod my old bike the way it came and never had to worry about any of this but this bike with no windshield is a pain especially in rain (I could ride with a fullface I know but in the summer it's death in there)

Thanks for reading!!
Keep on riding safely!

Dave

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Rolling the bars back should help with the windshield clearance, but b careful not to go too far and they hit the tank at full turn.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HALP!!!

So what I though was going to be an easy fix is in fact harder than I thought.
I have an after market wheel and they are telling me the ABS sensor is malfunctioning because of it.
Here is the catch they installed that wheel way before selling me the bike to have it in the show room
now they are telling they cant find another sensor for an aftermarket wheel so go back to stock or live without ABS the latter not really being an option. I feel cheated because that bike was sold to me as is under the pretenses that everything would be working fine...

So has anyone heard of this issue and has a solution??

·
Registered
507 Posts
HALP!!!

So what I though was going to be an easy fix is in fact harder than I thought.
I have an after market wheel and they are telling me the ABS sensor is malfunctioning because of it.
Here is the catch they installed that wheel way before selling me the bike to have it in the show room
now they are telling they cant find another sensor for an aftermarket wheel so go back to stock or live without ABS the latter not really being an option. I feel cheated because that bike was sold to me as is under the pretenses that everything would be working fine...

So has anyone heard of this issue and has a solution??
Ai yi yi -- "as is" usually means "warts and all", I'm afraid. You mean there was a notice in your paperwork that the bike was sold "as is", right?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ai yi yi -- "as is" usually means "warts and all", I'm afraid. You mean there was a notice in your paperwork that the bike was sold "as is", right?
Well I said "as is" not the dealership. The reason I said "as is" is because it already had handle bars, front wheel, grips, and LEDs...it wasnt "stock" even though it was new.
Either way they have the bike now and they said they are trying to find a solution.

I, from my little experience with mechanics have a hard time believing that a different wheel messes with the ABS like that... I wish they would at least change the OEM sensor first.
I still would like to know if anyone has heard of this issue

·
Registered
690 Posts
I have heard of this issue, but never heard of a solution... Even if they could move the speed sensor rotor from the OEM wheel onto your aftermarket wheel, because the wheel is a different size to the OEM and therefore rotates at a different speed, it would provide a speed reading outside of spec to the ECU, so probably continue to throw the error code.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts