Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2015 Vulcan 1700 and I noticed that the ABS light stays on while riding. I put about 80 miles on the first day and it never turned off. I asked the dealership where I bought it if they did a full service on it and they said yes. They told me to disconnect the battery for about 30 minutes to reset the system. do you agree that I should disconnect the batter?

·
Banned
179 Posts
ABS light is on when problem is at this moment usually. You need to check ABS codes. You can also check wires to wheel sensors and clean sensors.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Disconnecting the battery will not reset the codes. I'm questioning the skill set of that dealership (obviously not a Kawasaki dealership with the scan tool).

Brakes are not something to be messing with. If you just bought the bike from a dealership and the ABS light won't turn off take it right back and get them to figure it out. In most places it is illegal to sell a motorcycle in that condition.

It may be something simple, check the fuse, make sure there's not a bug or rock stuck in the encoder wheel, make sure the sensors are mounted and the bolt isn't loose, etc. But still, any dealership that sells a bike with an ABS light that won't turn off is bad news.

CEL ERASING.jpg

·
Banned
179 Posts
there is adapter for sale, connecting OBD2 code reader to motorcytcle diagnostic connector. There was video on youtube about it

·
Registered
299 Posts
How to read codes without any tools.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
KBNBoys, If getting it back to the seller isn't an option right away, check the speed sensors. First time I replaced a tire on my Vaquero, I didn't get the sensor mounted properly and had the same problem with the light. I pulled the sensor out of the bracket and re-mounted it. Problem went away. Hope yours is something simple like that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts