Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this was an option for the first few years of production, but would like to find out what year it became a standard feature, specifically in Canada.

I am not sure if the Canadian market bikes differed in specification from US models, which is often the case with cars, or not.
Thanks for the information!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I have seen a 2010 model with the ABS and very low mileage, but its a bit pricey.
I prefer the looks of the later mufflers and I.m aware there were some improvements made to the transmission and pistons in 2011, but ABS seems more important.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I think the ABS is worth the extra $$. IIRC there were a few more improvements made for the 2012 model year that may be worth having. Like the KAMS cooling system upgrade, think they added wiring for GPS power etc. in the fairing. There may be more but I'm drawing a blank now.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Just curious. Why do you need to know when it became std equipment? If a bike you're looking at has ABS it will say so on the bike.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just curious. Why do you need to know when it became std equipment? If a bike you're looking at has ABS it will say so on the bike.
Mainly because I have not yet narrowed it down to that one bike, still looking at several possibilities.

I might be better off with a 2012, or later model, which has all the improvements including KAMS but higher mileage.
I was not sure which years have ABS as some ads don't mention it, but that is more important to me than something like the shape of the mufflers or the paint colour. As I live in a small town all the bikes are far away, and sometimes the photos are not clear enough to be sure about the "exciter" ring or whatever its called in the disc.

I should mention I also went to look at Harley, and liked the dealership and salesman, but found the prices about 50-70 percent higher for similar year and mileage. Also, some of the more affordable bikes had cable clutches or lacked other modern features. The very top model Road Glide CVO carries a list price here in Canada of a shocking $53,999, more than my first house!
Amazing they dominate the local market...

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
As I live in a small town all the bikes are far away, and sometimes the photos are not clear enough to be sure about the "exciter" ring or whatever its called in the disc.

I should mention I also went to look at Harley,...
Amazing they dominate the local market...
You know, I never bought a vehicle long distance so I never thought that. Makes sense though.

I'm convinced that when they say the out sell everyone else, they're talking dollars, not number of bikes.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
One way to tell if it has the ABS system is the K-ACT decals on both sides of the front fender. You would think a seller would list it though if I remember correctly it was right at a $1000 option.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts