Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been wanting to get a bigger bike for some longer rides for my wife and I, upgrade from my Suzuki vs800. Well my uncle has a 2008 Vulcan 2000 with 875 miles on it (basically new)...and he would sell it to me for only $5k. I am just about ready to cash up. Anyways thought I'd pop in here, say hi, and ask your thoughts on it.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
So I've been wanting to get a bigger bike for some longer rides for my wife and I, upgrade from my Suzuki vs800. Well my uncle has a 2008 Vulcan 2000 with 875 miles on it (basically new)...and he would sell it to me for only $5k. I am just about ready to cash up. Anyways thought I'd pop in here, say hi, and ask your thoughts on it.
For a bike that has sat that much plan on spending $400-$800 on it after you buy it. At the very least a new set of tires is a must.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Awesome! Enjoy it!

If you want it to be reliable, and last, plan on (no exceptions) replacing as soon as you bring it home;

Front and Rear Brake Fluid
Coolant
Engine Oil and Filter
Inspect tires for sidewall cracking

Those are awesome bikes! Just keep your wits about you that it has SAT it's entire life (875 miles... that's what I put on my bike. Last week....), deal with that right off the bat, and it'll be a good bike that'll last you a long time!

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
and check the battery, these beast take some juice to turn over and power all the electronics. They also have a decompression solenoid that will crack the valves open during start up that i have heard tends to hang if been setting. Never experienced it first hand, just read about it.

I also have a windshield with mounting brackets (might be missing some hardware) and service manual.

http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120458

1 - 4 of 4 Posts