Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Exhuast problem, any good suggestions ??

i have made the mistake of debaffeling my stock exhuast ! i drilled the famous 8 holes and the worst thing is removing the inner screen , NOW i covered and wellded the holes no problem , easy but the big thing is how to return the inner screen back on ??? i have the dimentions and how far it should be or was but how to but the replacment screen ???? inside the exhuast tube ?? and weld it back on ?? please any ideas ??

·
Registered
976 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whats the backstory why a mistake
i just like riding this bike so much, when i first got it it was a very smoth riding back then the only think that bothered me was the wind sound on long highway rides now after i got the COBRA DRAGSTERS every thing started bothering me ,loud loud noise . at first i just wanted it to sound like my buddies HD's then i realized that this not a HD , this bike is made for the enjoyment of riding , smoth riding bikes doesn't have to be loud , i was missing the point, now after i got the stock pips ( debaffled ) i am very happy , if you want to ride loud get a HD . if you want to enjoy riding keep your stock pipe. this is my expereince .
not to forget it gained most of it's power back.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Ehh, I like a little more noise. NO the bike doesn't sound like it's about ready to die at every stop light but going down the road it reminds me of the fastback in Bullit except I've NEVER been able to find all the gears that Steve did during that chase scene. That Mustang must have had about 20 gears.

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
Might try to find some engine block freeze plugs in that size and drive them in.
A good parts store like NAPA could probably get the size right, or I believe Dorman makes these plugs if you care to research it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts