Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone, I'm from WV and I'm 19 years old. I am wanting to buy a 2014 Vulcan 900 Custom and I wondered if it does well on long distance rides?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Bike will outperform the rider! I have a 2009 LT Classic and it is one smooth ride. Mine has windshield though for long rides. Seat sucks, get's your butt numb. I bought beads to go over the seat and seems to work. Perhaps they have changed the seat in 5 years. Seat was my ONLY complaint, but knew it before I bought it according to the reviews. Buy the bike! You will love it!

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,858 Posts
Welcome from South Texas Ben. You know texasgrape you can change the seat. I'm about to pull the trigger on a mustang seat.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I installed a Willie and Max solo seat, a fender rack and two sleek hardbags using EasyBrackets so there is no mounting hardware visible when the bags are off. A windshield with quick release and I can go from cruiser to tourer in 30 sec. I find the bike great on long rides, although others here will complain about the gearing and corresponding vibration.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
331 Posts
Welcome from South Texas Ben. You know texasgrape you can change the seat. I'm about to pull the trigger on a mustang seat.
Yeah, I know. Been looking at them for a while now. I hear so much about diff brands, IDK which one.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yeah, I know. Been looking at them for a while now. I hear so much about diff brands, IDK which one.
A big deciding factor for me was the Mustang looked like a solo seat + 20%. In my opinion, it has an oddball seat extension to cover the mounting bracket. The Willie and Max accomplished this without adding a tail on the seat. Comfort is great for me, but I only weigh 145 lbs so I'm not giving the seat much of a workout.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts