Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
İ have a 1997 vulcan in view and i was looking for advice and issues concerning a bike of this age--i am pretty naive where it comes to the mark and i am being guided towards buying one by a biker friend in Turkey where i live--i am English.
İ am a bit confused firstly by the description on the ad--its just said vn800 vulcan and i have read up on a site that the 1997 vn 800 classic was the bike of its time--are they one of the same beast??--they look simular in pics!
i go to see the bike for the first time on Monday so its early days--sell me why i should go for this model(constrained by my budget)-is it a future classic?

·
Registered
46 Posts
The 97 VN800 is a remarkable bike that you won't regret buying! Very reliable, agile, and has plenty of power for daily driving. Don't worry about the age. I have a 95 and have never had a single problem other than basic maintenance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for reassurance

it has around 30,000 miles on the clock and looks stunning in the pictures--i am trying to find out if vulcans were the same as vulcan classics-in 1997 because i saw a report on a web site that said the en800 classic was the best rated bike of 1997---it gets confusing on the kawasaki sites around this time for names---the bike of 1997 looks the same but is pictured on the non exhaust side--the 1995 model and 1999 models look very different!!
As i have said i am in turkey and anglosized names dont always get put descriptions

1 - 3 of 3 Posts