Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone!

After having ridden my Vulcan 500 for a few years, i am now in the process of purchasing a brand new 2011 Vulcan 900 Classic S E. I say in the process because i am having a memphis POP-TOP windshield, Fibar black engine guard and Cobra sisy bar/rack installed. I just love everything about the looks of the Classic S E down to the black ( I know, kinda cliche by now, but I like it) and the whitewalls, which I think gives the motorcycle (never "bike" ) a real classy look. The Vulcan line really fits me literally and figuratively. Kawi dependability, EFI (first one for me!) low seat, floorboards, belt drive etc. all played a part in my decision to another Kawasaki. Anyway, I am looking forward to keeping up with this forum and hopefully making new friends, as well as keeping up to date on new developements. So, my first question is ,
valve adjustments, what is the schedule for a brand new bike?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There is a great deal of good information on here. The Classic is a great bike, I'm sure you will enjoy every minute riding it. Your owners manual will give you just about everything you will need to know to maintain it properly.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Welcome! Like you, I recently upgraded from a Vulcan 500 to the 900 Classic.
It is a great bike, and you should have no trouble adapting to it.

Your first scheduled maintenance is at 600-1000 miles. This is basically and oil change and a once over to make sure all the parts are still tight. No further maintenance is scheduled (other than normal stuff like tire pressure and oil changes) untill about 15K miles.

·
Registered
74 Posts
"Istan Ald Meg a Magyart!" Hey Lazlo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts