Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While looking around for 2 in 1 pipes I noticed some bikes, not Kawis, with a single pipe off each side.

Looking for input on possibly running the rear pipe off the left side, and leaving the front (lower) pipe off the right, so both pipes run below my bags.

Any input, recommendations, etc greatly appreciated.

2011 Custom 900
Stock
River Road King Size bags
Bought 23 Dec 11
Just went over 800 :D

·
Registered
194 Posts
I've not seen any duals for the 900 yet but if they made them I would want some.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Duals always look cool. I just debaffeled my stockers. I guess the term Ive seen on this forum is, correct me if Im wrong, stage 2 debaffeing. I cut the end cap of the baffel tube out totally and pulled the bafffel tube out. They look great, keep my leg cool and now sounds great, not too loud at idle and nice loud at every speed with a nice low tone throughout.
Aftermarkets are nice but I saved at least $500 opposed to the Cobra system I wanted. People have asked what type of pipes I put on it. No joke.

If you want something different then duals is deffinetly going to be the way to go.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think the only issue you would find with duals would be how to route the pipe to the left side. There is not a lot of space behind the motor for an exhaust header to go through. In fact, it looks like you would have to gut the area under the seat. It would certainly be a grand project.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts