1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just Googled 'Motorcycle throttle lock' and got a bunch of results. It may be newish in your side of the world, though. Still, no harder to take off than a disc brake lock (possibly easier since disc brake locks can have motion alarms).

·
Registered
360 Posts
I didnt even know there were disk brake locks.
Just looked them up.
Now that is the way to go!
You have to be mindful with disc brake locks. If you forget to remove it and try to ride off, you'll get a nasty surprise. On more than one occasion I have seen damaged forks and parking lot falls because someone forget to remove their disc lock before moving.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hmm.....not sure that I'd want my brake system / hoses pressurized for extended periods of time.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I had a disk lock on my 1500 vulcan and when I was showing the bike to a perspective buyer. Thought I'd show off and cranked the throttle a little bit popped the clutch and the disk lock exploded. Didn't do any damage to the bike and guess it impressed the buyer because he bought the bike anyways,
Good point SpinDog I had not considered that.
Back, USinPhils, possibly before you were born ( 1963 -how did I get this old this quick? lol )I lived in the Philippines The bike dealer in Manila I use to buy parts from you had to pay him cash then he put it in a little box ( like a dumb waiter) they pulled the cash up to the second floor then lowered your part down. Kinda hard to rob them that way I guess was the reason

·
Registered
3 Posts
Haven't seen that kind of lock before. I have a Master Lock disc lock. It comes with a bright red bungee that you can slip on a grip so you don't forget it's there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts