Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after many weeks of searching I finally found my next bike, to park alongside my 900Custom, for a while at least!

After narrowly missing out on a couple, today managed to finally 'pull the pin' on an immaculate 2008 model 1600 Nomad. I had to go interstate to secure it, as there was nothing available in my home area. It has been very well looked after and I got it for a very reasonable price. It is currently being shipped down from Bundaberg, Queensland, but here are a few pics sent to me by the seller.

08112011532.jpg , 08112011531.jpg , 12122011600.jpg , 12122011598.jpg

I am very excited and the wife and I look forward to some great riding on my new mount!! :D

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Very nice. Looks very clean. I had my eye on a very clean-looking '08 Nomad at one of the local dealers. The price seemed right, but I decided that the two bikes I already have is enough. You'll like that Nomad. Beautiful bike. Santa was good to you this year.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous. I am in a huge state of envy. I am looking for either a Nomad or a 2000 LT to go with my V9D in the same red/black color scheme and would love to have your bike in my stable. Enjoy!!!!!

·
Registered
658 Posts
nice congrats!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rama, rama, ding, dong... is a jingle from some song?.. so just how far is Bundaberg from Syndey? couldnt just go up there and ride it back?
btw, itsa good lookin skoot!
Thanks Ponch, Sydney to Bundy is a little over 1300Km one way. It would have been a great trip, but with work being flat chat at the moment, plus this time of year, I just don't have the time. The seller gave me a great rate to ship back for me, in just two days and I would have needed a week. So I thought, "hang it", it's worth the extra cost to get it sooner!!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous. I am in a huge state of envy. I am looking for either a Nomad or a 2000 LT to go with my V9D in the same red/black color scheme and would love to have your bike in my stable. Enjoy!!!!!
Birds of Prey Motorsports in Caldwell, ID has a gorgeous '08 Nomad for ~$7900, with low miles. Except it's not not read. It's dark silver (or titanium, or whatever you call it) and dark metallic blue. It's beautiful, and if I hadn't already bought my 900LT, I'd have picked this one up myself.

Birds of Prey Motorsports
Aaron Moore, sales
208-453-2222 Ext 119 or 208-455-4176
toll free 877-743-3066

If the price is right, the color sacrifice may be worth it.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Very nice! I gotta say, the Nomad is at the top of my "If I was in the market..." list. Happy Christmas, enjoy!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Beautiful bike, some nice extras too. I don't blame you at all for shipping it -- the trip would have been a good experience but not a particularly thrilling ride, at least if you took the quickest route. Does this mean the 9 is just a bar hopper now?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
|Nice looking ride, any mods planned?
Cheers everyone.

2chains, It already has had the rear "baffle mod" done (the previous owner even left me the removed baffles in the right hardbag as a souvenir!). I cleaned up the end of the pipes today by drilling out the 'lip' left behind with the next size up holesaw, I wasn't keen on how it looked as it was left, it enlarges the pipes opening also and improves the look even more. The sound is just right for me, so I won't need pipes. It has a 12v accessories outlet (will be great for the GPS!!) and aftermarket lowers, which seem to work really well.

Apart from a higher output headlight globe (a 70/75w or 90/100w), cheaper than extra lights as I think these babies have twin alternators (it definitely has two regulators under the radiator) and so should be able to handle a few extra accessories.

The bars are just right for my gorilla arms, so won't need risers. I have read what is on offer at Gadget's page, so maybe a "goat belly" gut. I will also relocate the "choke" knob as also shown by gadget, bit of a pain to get to where it is at the moment, especially whilst on the move. Plus heated grips of course, my BMW riding mates swear by them!!

So other than that, not sure what else, any suggestions???

·
Registered
941 Posts
I think I wouldn't have a problem riding in Australia. Do they get onto the bike on the wrong side, or just drive on the wrong side?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think I wouldn't have a problem riding in Australia. Do they get onto the bike on the wrong side, or just drive on the wrong side?
No, we get on the bike from the same side as you guys, unless of course you are left handed!!

Easier on a bike than a car to ride on the other side as the steering wheel doesn't change!!!! LOL!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts