Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'ts been a long winter here in massachusetts, my 2011 vaquero has only 8000 on it.. I have to use my vacation time up before june 30th so i figured i'd take a nice ride and disapear for a couple of weeks. just ride each day until im tired and stay at motels and continue the next day , so im mapping out a route that avoids big cities . i was thinking of heading west toward sturgis and see the black hills then on to nevada, new mexico ,arizona, texas, and so on then start heading back to mass.. the only thing is i'll be alone. Im a little nervous about that but i'll be fine.. When i went to myrtle beach on my last bike i was hounded by moochers looking for cash at every fuel and food stop.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hi Jase,
I'm just down the pike from you in Palmer. I would love to take a trip like that someday, when I'm able. I have a 2010 Nomad.
Taking tomorrow off and heading up to Americade for the day. The only thing I wouldn't like about an extended trip is riding in the rain on the highways. I'm usually good for a weekend ride thru the White Mountains every summer. That's about as far as I get!
Take care, Eric

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
I did that kinda vacation couple years back. Had a map with no marked destinations tho I did want to get up to 129/28/Cherahola skyway. I followed the grey lines and stayed in a different town each nite. One of my goals was to get lost on purpose which I did and that was great.

This year I'm ridin up to Pennsylvania for a vulcan rally, I am really lookin forward to this years vacation!!!

Have a great vacation urself.

RACNRAY

·
Registered
156 Posts
I did that kinda vacation couple years back. Had a map with no marked destinations tho I did want to get up to 129/28/Cherahola skyway. I followed the grey lines and stayed in a different town each nite. One of my goals was to get lost on purpose which I did and that was great.

This year I'm ridin up to Pennsylvania for a vulcan rally, I am really lookin forward to this years vacation!!!

Have a great vacation urself.

RACNRAY
Ray, where and when is the Vulcan Rally? Keith

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Sounds like a great trip for you. I would recommend joining the AMA if you are not a member. For $47 a year you get full road side assistance and being a lone traveler that could really help you.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Welcome to Texas! Well, when you get here, that is. If you're coming from Arzona and New Mexico, Big Bend is supposed to be beautiful! If you push on a little further east, the Three Twisted Sisters are on almost every Texan biker's bucket list. Of course, you may be sick of mountains and twisties by then. It's a long way across Texas, and quite a ways from west to east before you see big trees again. I highly recommend Arkansas on your way back towards the Northeast. Some of the best riding in this great country. Enjoy your trip, and keep us posted, with pictures.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Sounds pretty awesome. Done similar things but not as far...
If you hit SW Michigan you can ride up the lake shore and take ferry across to either Manitowac or Milwaukee. Costs a bit but once in a lifetime. You could skip that and cross the Mackinaw Bridge to the UP. If you get lucky they might be painting and you ride the steel grate... Run west through the UP which puts you in line with Sturgis...

In any case, if in SW Michigan I have a fairly complete garage setup and access to a trailer if needed. PM me and I''' I'll get you my number.

enjoy and be safe...

gb

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Jase,
I'm just down the pike from you in Palmer. I would love to take a trip like that someday, when I'm able. I have a 2010 Nomad.
Taking tomorrow off and heading up to Americade for the day. The only thing I wouldn't like about an extended trip is riding in the rain on the highways. I'm usually good for a weekend ride thru the White Mountains every summer. That's about as far as I get!
Take care, Eric
Hi Eric, I ride thru Palmer all the time. Its nice to see someone on here close by. We could go for a ride sometime if you want. Well my vacation got cut down to one week(too busy) so im going to ride up thru the White mountains and on to maine for a couple of day's on the beach .. Still sounds fun..My work is going to let me carryover a week.. But i get 5 weeks of vaca time on july 1st.. so i'll take another week in july and 1 in august.And alot of long weekends during the riding season ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey Jase,
I am in Deadwood about 10 miles from Sturgis. PM me if you want and I can get you my contact information. That way if you are in a bind you have someone to call. Maybe I can show off our Black Hills if I can get away from work. Great riding out here.
Ozzyn

·
Registered
397 Posts
If you are headed near north central Texas, PM me, and I'll happily ride a ways with you or be a resource if you have issues. I'm in Denton Texas, just north of Dallas / Fort Worth.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Rally

Ray, can you send me the link to the rally? I was planning on going home to Ohio this year and may try to plan the time to be able to attend.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts