Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought a 98 vn800 classic, I got with the engine all apart (dropped a valve). I bought another engine for it, installed it in my bike. Mine is a Cali emissions bike. I did the EPA bs delete as well as the emissions delete. My question is what do I do with the coasting enricher? Does it get plugged or does it go anywhere? I've tried looking all over the Internet/forum and didn't really see anything

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Recently bought a 98 vn800 classic, I got with the engine all apart (dropped a valve). I bought another engine for it, installed it in my bike. Mine is a Cali emissions bike. I did the EPA bs delete as well as the emissions delete. My question is what do I do with the coasting enricher? Does it get plugged or does it go anywhere? I've tried looking all over the Internet/forum and didn't really see anything
The line that I'm looking for should have green tape on it if I'm not mistaken. If anyone could please let me know where it runs to I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not a factory one, the book I have doesn't tell me where they go. Isn't the canister only on CA models

·
Registered
158 Posts
From what I can tell yes only the CA models have the canister. The only mention of color codes on the hoses is in the section on the ca models in my manual. I can try and send you a pdf of the routing.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok cool thank you. Hopefully I'll find my answer in there. I'm trying to delete the canister, but don't remember where the green hose goes on a non CA bike

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for the link, but it only really tells you where they're ran on the CA models. I appreciate the help. I might try and start another thread and reword it different. Thanks again

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, I've tried looking at that too. It's not really clear on what to do with the one hose that comes off the carb

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I'll be damned, I believe you are right. I seen that one when you pm'd me earlier but didn't think was it cause they called it something different. Taking a second look I'll have to say thats it. Thank you again!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts