Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get it. Voyager's run hot. In Texas we do understand the heat and realize any big V-Twin will run pretty warm. Even with Ivan's, they still throw some heat. After I accidentally hit the heat shield with my right leg, even with jeans on it was fricking hot, I thought I would see if I could get something to maybe block some of that heat there and found this. With a little bit of trimming around where the seat attaches, I tried it out and was pleasantly surprised, that while not delivering miracles, it did a pretty good job of keeping my upper right leg and crotch area cooler.
I would give this easy and fairly inexpensive modification a thumbs-up.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PLAIN-LEATHER-Heat-Shield-Deflectors-Suzuki-Kawasaki-Yamaha-Honda-Victory/320948328339?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Attachments

·
Registered
214 Posts
I get it. Voyager's run hot. In Texas we do understand the heat and realize any big V-Twin will run pretty warm. Even with Ivan's, they still throw some heat. After I accidentally hit the heat shield with my right leg, even with jeans on it was fricking hot, I thought I would see if I could get something to maybe block some of that heat there and found this. With a little bit of trimming around where the seat attaches, I tried it out and was pleasantly surprised, that while not delivering miracles, it did a pretty good job of keeping my upper right leg and crotch area cooler.
I would give this easy and fairly inexpensive modification a thumbs-up.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PLAIN-LEATHER-Heat-Shield-Deflectors-Suzuki-Kawasaki-Yamaha-Honda-Victory/320948328339?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Yeah, that this is great. Installed one last year on mine and makes a big difference. Okay, mine got the KAMS installed from the factory, so in addition with this leather heat shield, you COULD ride with shorts, but I dont do that.

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, that this is great. Installed one last year on mine and makes a big difference. Okay, mine got the KAMS installed from the factory, so in addition with this leather heat shield, you COULD ride with shorts, but I dont do that.

Cu,
Sven
I would like to get the KAMS installed on my 2010, but it is sort of pricey, and looks pretty complicated to install. For now I will just live with the heat.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I would like to get the KAMS installed on my 2010, but it is sort of pricey, and looks pretty complicated to install. For now I will just live with the heat.
I thought it was extremely cheap for a kit full of OEM Kaw parts! They subsidized it as a way of apologizing for getting the heat thing quite wrong. And it's quite easy to install as well, so long as you take your time and follow the comprehensive instructions that are included.

Well worth the investment - even from down here, where shipping and import tax added over another hundy to the total spend.

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
Oh come on, guys, what's a "little heat" from the open nuclear reactor between your legs? While we are sitting still in rush hour traffic, just join me in a chorus of "Chestnuts roasting, by an open fire ...." :grin2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts