Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i recently purchased a 2005 1600 Vulcan classic with 15000 miles but no engine. I thought I would spend the winter sourcing a motor and getting it ready for spring. I got a great deal on it. The guy I bought it from bought it to take the Vance and Hines pipes and two up seat to put on his meanstreak. He gave me his cobra pipes and mustang solo seat. I’ve found that the seat will need a little modification to fit.
So about a week later I happen upon a 2008 nomad 1600 with about the same mileage, just under 15,000 and it needs a new rear cylinder head because the decompression lever broke causing the head to leak. I got this bike for a good deal thinking this will be a much easier fix, I’ve already got a rear head on order.

So long story short, the first bike has brand new tires metzeler, and the cobra pipes. Do you think it would be worth it to swap tires on the bikes, or just swap tires and rims?

Also is it possible to run the classic style pipes on a nomad, I’d like to run it without the bags but have the option of putting them on if I take any long trips or do you have to keep the stalk double exhaust? I love the looks of the cobra pipes. One more thing on the 2005 the rear shocks are adjustable and on the 2008 they are not. Should I swap those too? Any information of suggestions would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,193 Posts
I am pretty confused from the beginning, because these engines do not have a decompression lever. They have an internal compression relief device, (KAR), that is mounted on the end of the cam shaft and is activated by centrifugal force.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m also trying to figure out how to post better quality images. Sorry for the quality. BA30A029-45C5-4B03-BF18-EB4E41DE55CB_1569114567585.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts