Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A few Bike I built, modded, rebuilt

Here is a few of my bikes i like naked customs.

Yellow and Black BumbleBee is Brother In laws Bike I built and Painted, it has been completely rebuilt Everything and is basically a New 75' Goldwing Old Bike.

My Warthog is the Red/wine and Black bike is a 86' GL1200 Goldwing Nakedized, and it Lost almost 200-Lbs taking off the Fairing /windshield, trunk saddlebags and all the metal tubing brackets and supports.

It handles Great, stops great, Halls ass, has a very Low C of G, a excellent canyon carver, 44mpg, and 100h.p. 500-lbs Now, it was 700-lbs

The Beige/Tan bike is a 83' GL1100 Goldwing, it's ride is extremely comfortable, it to has been Nakedized, and is around the 500-lbs ready to ride weight with about 90 h.p.
It now has a Memphis slim clear shield with quick disconnect, no tools removable in less then 30 seconds. Its Fast and Light, and brakes and Handles Great.

I have changed them to single cruiser style seats short modifyied front and rear fenders, HD mufflers, so they do Not sound anything like a Goldwing, they are more like a Hot rod, Loapie idle and more of a HotRod roar

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hey Thanks Rick,

My Black Cherry bike has 59' Caddy tail lights, those are retro look but have 40 LED lights in each of them.

My Beige Bike here is a picture of it with the new quick disconnect shield, I am putting on it Caddy 89'-93' Coupe de'ville tail lights in the picture with the same 59' Caddy tail lights on the ground, to be mounted.

I out fitted the Coupe De'ville with LEDs they have, running lights, Brake Lights, and Blinkers, all in one light, they really light up the Rear of a Bike.

Once done the beige bike will be repainted, i have a really low mile engine/trans waiting in case something happens then engine in it.

That is a twin gas tank bike meaning the 6 gal. oem tank under the seat, i added the steel red and Black tank it the one that looks like a regular motorcycle gas tank, so Now my bike can carry 11 Gal. of gas at one time.

I still take breaks, But I dont have to go find a gas station when I am way out in the middle of No where BFE.

I thought about mounting the 59' Caddy tail lights inside a couple of tubes, to look like a double barrel shot gun maybe make up some gun sights, and get rid of the passenger seat and go single only seat.

--------------

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those are 500-lbs bikes with,

100 h.p @7000rpm and
81 Lb ft torque @ 5500 rpm

and at a weight of 500-Lbs that's about 5-Lbs per H.P.

and 44 MPG Average.

It does not do to bad for a Cruiser Rat Rod, with Radial Tires

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
well done.. That is what cool about this forum, There are many talented people , that have great vision, and passion...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts