Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,906 Posts
My god, these bikes look great as "bar hoppers"

I saw those bars in a catalog other day. How are they?

I've also thought about painting the radiator cover, but was worried about rock chips.

Could we get a pic from behind?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Bars are el diablo's if I remember, they are about the perfect height for me,12", 1 1/4", on dogg 1, have 10",1 1/4" monkey bars on dogg1 and currently have 16" apes on dogg3 but they will eventually get changed to some 12"LA chopper bars that I have.
I am a bit worried about chips on the radiator shroud but plan to put some cleatr plastic film on the bottom to hopefully reduce chips.

I need 3 sets of lowering links....

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cables are stock + 2", actually the front brake lines need about another 1-2" to really fit right.

·
Registered
953 Posts
god dang dog , im jealous. three beautys you got there. Tell me more about the croc seat, did you do it yourself ? If not where did you get it?

·
4,906 Posts
god dang dog , im jealous. three beautys you got there. Tell me more about the croc seat, did you do it yourself ? If not where did you get it?
My seat was done by the guy below (here in houston). Not far from where i work. He said the VAST majority of his work comes from online orders.

http://www.americandragseats.com/custom-seats.html

(ya know, I still have my stocker if ya wanted it).

·
Registered
41 Posts
My seat was done by the guy below (here in houston). Not far from where i work. He said the VAST majority of his work comes from online orders.

http://www.americandragseats.com/custom-seats.html

(ya know, I still have my stocker if ya wanted it).
smedlin,

I had a pin hole in my stock seat. Can I pay for shipping to get your seat? I canceled my order on the Mustang seat. I am afraid it is higher than the stock seat. I am too short to use it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sarge, the crock seat originally came on dogg1 but was brown/tan, I restained it to black.
Thanks for setting me on to BD's Cycles. Paint job was great , only problem was when he shipped it back he wrapped it in a really course weave piece of cloth that left weave imprints in the clearcoat. After the paint has seasoned I am going to have it wet sanded again and hopefully remove the imprint.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Sarge, the crock seat originally came on dogg1 but was brown/tan, I restained it to black.
Thanks for setting me on to BD's Cycles. Paint job was great , only problem was when he shipped it back he wrapped it in a really course weave piece of cloth that left weave imprints in the clearcoat. After the paint has seasoned I am going to have it wet sanded again and hopefully remove the imprint.
that sucks did you contact bryan? im sure he would make it right. still wanna polish some rotors? i think you could win three months of BOTM win your V2K;s

·
4,906 Posts
I keep looking at your bike.

I really like that "dark look" with the chrome against it.

(I'm surprised you didn't have the coil cover painted)

You know.. you don't live all that far away.. you should come to the Lone Star Rally next year. You, me, and Street could hook up, tear up and down the Strand.

O, and what is that other bike (stray dogg)?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Sarge , Bryan knows, it's the shipping cost I am shying away from.

Smed I will think about the Rally, don't know if you would want an old man tagging along with you 2 whippersnappers though.

And yes I wish I had pulled the coil cover, guess I could just do it in black to match the BAK cover on the other side.

Stray dogg is a Honda Rune.

Guard dog is a giant schnauzer that needs his winter coat cut off!

·
4,906 Posts
And yes I wish I had pulled the coil cover, guess I could just do it in black to match the BAK cover on the other side.

!
Well, just pull it off and send it to him. Not like you have 2 other bikes with the same coil cover that you could swap around if needed :)

Also, maybe the painter (byran?) will cut you some slack on the cost cause of the swirls-paint thingy?

·
Registered
754 Posts
I keep looking at your bike.

I really like that "dark look" with the chrome against it.

(I'm surprised you didn't have the coil cover painted)

You know.. you don't live all that far away.. you should come to the Lone Star Rally next year. You, me, and Street could hook up, tear up and down the Strand.

O, and what is that other bike (stray dogg)?
Yep, i was admiring the contrast between the chrome and dark red paint, too Looks great.

·
4,906 Posts
I keep looking at your bike dogg.

I really really like the color scheme. I even sent a pic of it to my painter.

What else do you plan on doing to it?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts